Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my 1988 Camaro starts up and idles fine. But when I try to drive it, it won't go over 35 mph without bogging out or completely dying. Just wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts on what the problem could be?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Is it speed based or RPM based? Can you rev the car in neutral or park? Could be one of several problems. Clogged catalytic converters (my first bet) etc but need a little more info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
plugged cat converter, or fuel pump/fuel filter gone bad. Otherwise check the electrical system. On a car that's 20 yrs old, just start replacing things, parts are cheap and if you aren't afraid to do it yourself, it could be fun.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plugged cat converter, or fuel pump/fuel filter gone bad. Otherwise check the electrical system. On a car that's 20 yrs old, just start replacing things, parts are cheap and if you aren't afraid to do it yourself, it could be fun.

No longer has a Catalytic converter. It revs fine in neutral. I've already tried fuel pump, fuel filter, and the carb. Still have the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts