Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Working my tail off, I've been able to gather up more parts for the Monte, in the next couple days I hope to get these parts on. (If everything goes well)

Edelbrock 1806 - Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS Carburetors - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Edelbrock 2601 - Edelbrock Performer Air-Gap Intake Manifolds - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I came across an article on carb spacers and I've read mixed reviews about them from various forums. I'm looking for low-end torque and a 1" 4-hole design comes up again and again. I don't have the carb knowledge a lot of you do, so I'm curious to see if these are worth the couple bucks.

·
8,984 Posts
I think I may have one lying around that you can have for a six pack. I am not sure it will help your 350, but you never know!

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
80s Adam Where have you been?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My only benefit using them was in eliminating vapor lock and other various "hot start/off idle/low speed" conditions. For one to be truly effective it must be made of phenolic resin or a similar compound. They are the true heat BLOCKERS...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hey 80's Adam! It has been a while since we've all seen you on. I run that same exact intake on Jade, almost. The only difference is, I have the Performer RPM Air Gap Intake, with the matching heads. I've never been a fan of Edelbrock carbs, only because I love to do my own custom tuning, but for the money, you really can't beat Edelbrock when it comes down to straight out of the box.

For your question about spacers, I run a 1" custom billet spacer on Jade, and it made a world of difference. Edelbrock has some really nice spacers that will match that intake, and IMO- that's the most important part. When you raise the carburetor, you're allowing for better air and fuel flow down into the engine. Just remember, you will have to adjust your throttle linkage for the additional length, and you'll need longer carburetor bolts. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts