Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread isn't about Dodge Vipers, Z06s, and Lambos. This is about those jalopies barely running down the street that for one reason or another you want one!

What I mean is, there are a lot of cars out there I'd like to get my hands on and totally do up to be a sweet sleeper or street terror, but if I ever got the cash I'd probably go for something else.

Post some pics of cars you have secretly wanted for so long.

1983-1986 Ford Thunderbird, '83-'86 Mercury Cougar, '84-'92 Lincoln Mark VII

I'd think one of these would be an awesome daily driver. Big ol' Grandpa car turned hot rod is definitely something I want to do someday, but as soon as I'd get cash it be straight to a F-body/'Stang. I don't know how I'd get one of these.

'83-'86 Ford LTD

This didn't fit with the "Luxury" cars above so I gave it, its own spot.

(No SVT LTD was made, that is just a custom car)

I'm sure there are others out there I'm forgetting about, but I have to get to class!

EDIT: Ignore the fact that these cars are not GM, I cannot put every car down. :)

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use to really dig these 79-81 TAs, probably the first f-body I really fell in love with, too bad a little punk down the street bought one and talked so much @#$% about it, I lost interest. He claimed his "godly" 403 olds would destroy any LSX equipped vehicle. His bad-mouthing totally destroyed the image of the vehicle to me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I want THIS jalopy:

:drool:
My dad had a 69 formula firebird, modified by Harrahs Automobile collection in Reno when it was brand new, Yellow with black stripes, it turned low 11's. He sold it when I was 8....:mad: that is not a jalopy you have there...

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Shortly after we got married, my hubby sold his 68 Corvette ragtop. It did not have the original engine in it, but it had a 427 hood. Why did he sell it? He wanted to buy a new 83 Nissan pickup and needed the $2500 he got for the Vette to put down on the rice burning, trash hauler. Maybe I should try to locate the Vette!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
My dad had a 69 formula firebird, modified by Harrahs Automobile collection in Reno when it was brand new, Yellow with black stripes, it turned low 11's. He sold it when I was 8....:mad: that is not a jalopy you have there...
My father had a 69 Firebird when he was around my age. 400 CI V8 and it came with a Ford 3spd manual transmission from the factory. He drove the hell out of that thing and sold it looooooooooong before I came on the scene.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Nothing I'd call a Jalopy but an 03/04 Cobra and a Magnum SRT8. love them both but I got way too many GM's to get my hands on first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts