Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So apparently putting crappy rims with snow tires on your car is more effective than regular wheels with snow tires, so they're snow WHEELS... :BangHead:

Had some chick tell me a 77 vette needed snow wheels in the winter, apparently snow tires wouldn't do.. i said to buy 20 or 30 bricks for the trunk, because the snow tires or even SNOW WHEELS aren't going to make any difference on a car like that, and the rims are already junk. lmfao so tempted to ask if she'd had her radio fluid changed recently or something silly like that. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Edit: on first glance though, i tried to post that there was no such thing as snow wheels, but then i got curious and googled it. Apparently wheels without hubcaps are heavier duty than the ones currently on your car :D I'd consider it a mechanic's rip off honestly, and go to the junkyard and find some old ass rims to put my snow tires on if i really didn't feel like taking an hour or two to put snow tires on my rims.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
So apparently putting crappy rims with snow tires on your car is more effective than regular wheels with snow tires, so they're snow WHEELS... :BangHead:

Had some chick tell me a 77 vette needed snow wheels in the winter, apparently snow tires wouldn't do.. i said to buy 20 or 30 bricks for the trunk, because the snow tires or even SNOW WHEELS aren't going to make any difference on a car like that, and the rims are already junk. lmfao so tempted to ask if she'd had her radio fluid changed recently or something silly like that. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Edit: on first glance though, i tried to post that there was no such thing as snow wheels, but then i got curious and googled it. Apparently wheels without hubcaps are heavier duty than the ones currently on your car :D I'd consider it a mechanic's rip off honestly, and go to the junkyard and find some old ass rims to put my snow tires on if i really didn't feel like taking an hour or two to put snow tires on my rims.
It is not uncommon to run bare black wheels with snow tires. Many people do it when they run custom/nice wheels in the summer. The people I know who do it use clean/painted black steel wheels. They look pretty good if done right :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Agreed, I run steel rims / snow treads for the winter months and have regular rims / tires for summer. Its the best way to do it, easy to pop on and off at change of season and no worries about damaging your rims.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on a beat up 77 vette? :lol:

Also, i really don't think snow will hurt your nice rims as much as you think.. but i'd wonder why anyone would decide to drive a car with nice enough rims in the snow in the first place.. that's why you don't sell the college beater :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts