Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many considering these options and what hp could be seen on the 1SS ?
Also, would it be cheaper to order them as options or buy them through the dealer ?
Wife doesn't want the "loud" sound like she's heard on some Mustangs. Any idea of the sound level ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If'n it were me, and you could get them over the counter, you may just need a part number and some place like gmpartsdirect.com to save a bunch of money.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm gonna wait as well (especially after seeing the prices)...I was considering the shorty headers, but at $1000...no thanks, LT's shouldn't cost more than that.

I wouldn't take the chance on the cat-back...wouldn't want to get it and not be happy with how it sounds. And if you're worried about the sound level, why not wait to hear how it sounds with the stock exhaust?

As far as the CAI, IMO once the aftermarket parts start coming out, you'll be able to find one that's better and cheaper.

Also remember bolt-ones are worth more HP if you get a dyno-tune.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I wouldn't take the chance on the cat-back...wouldn't want to get it and not be happy with how it sounds. And if you're worried about the sound level, why not wait to hear how it sounds with the stock exhaust?
QUOTE]

Agreed, but if you run around some of the dealerships you should be able to find a maro with a cat back on the lot perhaps...if anyone is serious about these parts go search around and hear it in person.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Should sound about the same as on the vette with the LS3 (plenty of them out already with aftermarket exhausts). I had LG Long tubes with B&B Bullets and it was one of the deepest sounding exhausts I have ever heard.

I hope B&B comes out with a system for the Camaro.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
+1 on there will inevitably be a whole range of CAI products available.

With the G8 out and the Corvette, exhaust/header shops have already produced systems that will give us a very close idea of what an aftermarket Camaro sound will be like.

I know of a couple new G8 ideas being launched soon as well. If they are well received these will easily enough be transfered over into new fabrication jigs for the new Camaro.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Resident GTO nutswinger
148 Posts
Isn't 422hp+ Enough
422hp is definitely not enough, but most people are going to do these minor changes to get more than just a couple ponies. It's all about the sound, and nothing beats the sound of a large V8 with a nice cat-back and intake.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
422hp is definitely not enough, but most people are going to do these minor changes to get more than just a couple ponies. It's all about the sound, and nothing beats the sound of a large V8 with a nice cat-back and intake.
:werd::werd::werd::werd:

and on a side note...I just got an email from Kooks...they already have headers completed for the 5th gen!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
+1 on there will inevitably be a whole range of CAI products available.

With the G8 out and the Corvette, exhaust/header shops have already produced systems that will give us a very close idea of what an aftermarket Camaro sound will be like.

I know of a couple new G8 ideas being launched soon as well. If they are well received these will easily enough be transfered over into new fabrication jigs for the new Camaro.
I sent an e-mail to Corsa Performance yesterday to ask if they'll have any catbacks for the Camaro. I had a Corsa catback exhaust on my 2001 Firebird with polished dual-dual tips that really looked and sounded great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Depends, some engines can get around 20HP from CAI alone (like the Silverado engines).
I was just wondering what some estimated numbers such as HP, torque, and MPG would be if I went with the CAI, Shorty's, Catback, and the Hot Cam discussed here
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10156&highlight=hot+cam

I have been out of the game for a while when it comes to bolt on parts and mods. My latest experience was with my older cars - 80 Turbo T/A...um...pulled the 301 and replaced it with a 350, 81 Camaro, and 68 stang all of which are no longer with me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts