Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI; I spoke with the local service manager at the dealership. He told me that 2012 starting with the Corvettes and then 2013 ALL 6.2L and up the Catch Can are going to be standard factory equipment.
E

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good question.... How accurate is your source ?
The reason they dont do it now is users wuill forget... my guess is it would have to have a spill off valve or something... GM should use our design..we developed a very nice can with solid bracketry for the Gen 5 Camaro's. Trying to apply for a patent for it as well.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you guys kidding??? these car's have more electronics... all it would need is a sencer and flash a check engine light....
E

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you know how many people ignore those lights? Women are the worst offenders...
You would have to disable the car with some people to get them to check it or not drive it like that

people run out of gas even though there is a warning light and alarm... they dont check their oil ..... EVER

Car companies make the cars so that people can just drive them as they know maintenence is not a strong point of 98% of the general driving public

·
Registered
201 Posts
If this ever happens, I bet they would just route the oil back into the engine. Probably wouldn't be the best idea with the moisture, but I think that's how they would do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts