Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input on whether to run cats or not, going to order TSP longtubes, and already have Corsa back there, what do u guys recommend??

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'd say go with cats. It's better for the environment for one...and these cars are already pretty bad from an emmissions standpoint as it is (compared to other cars out there). Besides that, the fumes from a catless system might be a bit unbearable. I ran a catless system on my Mustang and it wasn't bad while driving. But it got bad in traffic, at a stop sign, and at red lights...especially in the Summer. It's a bit embarrassing. A catless system will give you more power tho. But you should also check to see what is legal in your state. Because the cops can pull you over and do an on site inspection and impound your car if they want.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say go with cats. It's better for the environment for one...and these cars are already pretty bad from an emmissions standpoint as it is (compared to other cars out there). Besides that, the fumes from a catless system might be a bit unbearable. I ran a catless system on my Mustang and it wasn't bad while driving. But it got bad in traffic, at a stop sign, and at red lights...especially in the Summer. It's a bit embarrassing. A catless system will give you more power tho. But you should also check to see what is legal in your state. Because the cops can pull you over and do an on site inspection and impound your car if they want.
yea im more worried about the drone inside the car, and how much rasp is it going put out, the power issue should only be 5hp to the wheels

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
5 to the wheels is def noticeable (despite what they say on C5). And it might be more than 5...look at the inside of a HF cat and then consider that tube empty. You might have some rasp and drone inside the car. Try to find some Youtube videos...

·
Registered
19 Posts
yea im more worried about the drone inside the car, and how much rasp is it going put out, the power issue should only be 5hp to the wheels
IMO, the 5 hp isn't worth the rotten egg smell. The high flow cats will give you a nice flowing system, I just don't feel going catless is worth the tradeoff.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 to the wheels is def noticeable (despite what they say on C5). And it might be more than 5...look at the inside of a HF cat and then consider that tube empty. You might have some rasp and drone inside the car. Try to find some Youtube videos...
IMO, the 5 hp isn't worth the rotten egg smell. The high flow cats will give you a nice flowing system, I just don't feel going catless is worth the tradeoff.
Yea i cant find any videos with no cats on there, been trying lol

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
No problem. There are a few other videos on there. Nothing with your specific set-up tho. But at least you will be able to kinda see what you're gonna be working with. Just do a Youtube search for "2010 Camaro SS catless exhaust" or "Camaro SS with lt headers and catless exhaust". I saw at least 5 others...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem. There are a few other videos on there. Nothing with your specific set-up tho. But at least you will be able to kinda see what you're gonna be working with. Just do a Youtube search for "2010 Camaro SS catless exhaust" or "Camaro SS with lt headers and catless exhaust". I saw at least 5 others...
Thanks Chapel i appreciate it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts