Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how much more will Canadians have to pay for a car built in Canada compared to our neighbours to the south?

The G8 is ~ $7000 more, I'm guessing around the same for the Camaro. :eek:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Canadian Pricing for CTS-V

So how much more will Canadians have to pay for a car built in Canada compared to our neighbours to the south?

The G8 is ~ $7000 more, I'm guessing around the same for the Camaro. :eek:
Looks like there is some info on Canadian pricing for the CTS-V in Canada:
MSRP is noted as $68,500, (excluding $1420 freight).
This is published in an ad for the CTS-V appearing on the front page of the "Hot Wheels '09" section in today's National Post.

I am pleasantly surprised as this car lists for $59,995 in the U.S. and the Canadian price is basically the difference in the exchange at this point... so no outright gouging by GM Canada.

Hopefully this is a positive sign as to how GM Canada intends to set pricing for the new Camaro in the next little while!!

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
was wondering if any canadian is willing to talk about how much they paid for their car. been looking at alot of threads on here and it looks like we're getting hosed for pricing compared to the us. maybe there will be less camaro's on the street up here cuz they are more expensive.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Pricing

I might have posted this before.. My car showed up at local GM dealer in Sept.'10.... I had a 2010 Mustang GT Prem Conv, I had paid 35 for with 1400 miles on it I didn't think it had enough visual POP, and I had lots of Camaros before(orange 69 Z28)... I knew folks had paid over sticker in 09..The car was advertised as a GM exec car, 17,460km=11,000mi. and was $43,500.00 (List was $47,935.00) They gave me $30,000 for Stang and $1500 rebate for being a Pontiac owner and $500 for being ex military.. Car has full warranty, and I love the colors... AND then I find out its a pre production model (good story) and now I see I can buy the same car 2011 for 38-39 U.S. We do pay more....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh yeah! Canadian cars cost more!
We paid 40 out the door for a 2010
Camaro RS. That's about what Americans
pay for a 2SS. And yes we do feel like
we're being hosed, even with the dollar at
par the prices remain higher for Canadians. Eh?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ya we seem to get overcharged

My salesman, knowing I wanted, all the paper work, I could get, gave me this one:eek:.... Actually shows dealer paying $38,900 for it They asked $43,500 and gave $2000,00 in rebates and 30,000 for my 2010 Mustang GT conv...

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
My salesman, knowing I wanted, all the paper work, I could get, gave me this one:eek:.... Actually shows dealer paying $38,900 for it They asked $43,500 and gave $2000,00 in rebates and 30,000 for my 2010 Mustang GT conv...
Go to the APA website, become a member, ask them to provide you with the pricing details for the model you want and all the options. Put it in a spreadsheet do your math, and now you know the difference between the dealer prices, MSRP, and what they're asking you for vs what you want to pay.
I can't recall exact number but I saved around $5 - 6k, and it cost me $65 to become a member. That $5 - 6k went towards my mods.
Basically, gave the dealer a bit more than $2k above their "cost", for their troubles, and walked away with a brand new RS 2SS w/ race stripes and GFX, with all the fixings, took some negotiations, but whose gonna' walk away from an easy $2+k to do some paperwork?
Basically, paid less than most folks paid for the non-SS versions.

·
Registered
100 Posts
How to get used to Canadian pricing:
1. Pull down pants
2. Bend over
3. Apply lube
4. Brace yourself

·
Banned
150 Posts
Usually at least 20% more. Even with the CDN $ at par.

was wondering if any canadian is willing to talk about how much they paid for their car. been looking at alot of threads on here and it looks like we're getting hosed for pricing compared to the US. maybe there will be less camaro's on the street up here cuz they are more expensive.
You're right, we're getting hosed. :angry: And from what I can see of the numbers, technically we should have 10% of the Camaros the USA has on their streets, since we have 10% of their population. I don't think our numbers even come CLOSE to 10% of the Camaros produced. :( Ah well, guess that makes ours more special! :thumbsup: My price was as in the picture below (-$500 since my sales rep is a friend of a friend). Ordered in November 2009, delivered February 25th, 2010. And YES, Warlock's 1st birthday is almost here!!! :D

Oh yeah! Canadian cars cost more!
We paid 40 out the door for a 2010
Camaro RS. That's about what Americans
pay for a 2SS. And yes we do feel like
we're being hosed, even with the dollar at
par the prices remain higher for Canadians. Eh?
I've seen people in the USA quote $38k for 2010 2SS's. I think it's a bit higher for the 2011s.

How to get used to Canadian pricing:
1. Pull down pants
2. Bend over
3. Apply lube
4. Brace yourself
This is SOOO true!!! :angry:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts