Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM CEO Rick Waggoner's first new car, a 73 camaro, was paid for with money he hearned mowing lawns.

Must have mowed a bunch of new lawns to buy a NEW Camaro.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060813/BUSINESS01/608130557

-----------------------
Lawn mowing paid for CEO's Camaro

August 13, 2006

When General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner officially announced the resurrection of the Chevy Camaro last week, he reminisced about the first new car he ever purchased -- a 1973 Camaro that cost him $3,500.
He went on to say he paid for his Camaro with "hard-earned cash from cutting lawns ... at $2 each." That was a lot of grass clippings, he quipped.
A lot, indeed.

At $2 per cut, that means young Rick shaved 1,750 lawns to pay for his '73 muscle wheels. That works out to a lawn per day for five years during his late teens -- and since there's not much need to cut the grass about one-third of the year in Wagoner's hometown of Richmond, Va., he presumably had a lot of multi-cut days. What we don't know for sure is whether he gave rebates to drum up more customers when business was slow.
By Tom Walsh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting. Some others and I were talking to Ed Pepers at the production announcement and he said he had always wanted a new Z28 when he was young and couldn't afford one(I'm assuming 1st gen). He said now he thinks he can afford one. We all laughed and said..."Yeah..you can probably afford one now!" It's amazing the number of GM execs and employees that have had or currently have Camaros.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
man he sounds bout like me except i was changing oil and detailing cars in my driveway to get my fourth gen that was alot of work! :icondrool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts