Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed Hawk Ceramic brake pads on my SS. I'm sick and tired of all the brake dust. I also sprayed the inside of the wheels with Armour All Wheel Protectant to stop the brake dust from sticking to the wheels. I couldn't believe how easy it was. You don't even have to take the calipers off to change the pads. Just punch out two pins with a punch. Squeeze the tip of the pad and caliper together and pull out the pad. Much easier than the 4th Gen.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Yesterday I installed Hawk Ceramic brake pads on my SS. I'm sick and tired of all the brake dust. I also sprayed the inside of the wheels with Armour All Wheel Protectant to stop the brake dust from sticking to the wheels. I couldn't believe how easy it was. You don't even have to take the calipers off to change the pads. Just punch out two pins with a punch. Squeeze the tip of the pad and caliper together and pull out the pad. Much easier than the 4th Gen.
Yeah, I'll be replacing with Hawk pads when the factory ones are worn out.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Sounds like the GMT800 pickups, love the pad changing for sure!

That said, I ran Ceramic Hawk pads on my Truck, they didn't last half as long as Raybestos Quiet stops or OEM pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts