Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from talking to my inventory manager at the dealer. He was able to submit one (1) Cyber Gray Metallic for production yesterday !!! I moved from 29 to 28 on his allocation list (sombody dropped one of their orders), so I still have a ways to go, but at least I know that CGM is on the move now :D

:thumbsup::5go::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Just got home from talking to my inventory manager at the dealer. He was able to submit one (1) Cyber Gray Metallic for production yesterday !!! I moved from 29 to 28 on his allocation list (sombody dropped one of their orders), so I still have a ways to go, but at least I know that CGM is on the move now :D

:thumbsup::5go::thumbsup:
Hmmm, do you think it would be more fruitful for me to talk to an inventory manager rather than my salesman, if I want the straight scoop on when my order might be submitted for production?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hmmm, do you think it would be more fruitful for me to talk to an inventory manager rather than my salesman, if I want the straight scoop on when my order might be submitted for production?
I'd say, both from conversations on the forum :5go: AND my personal experience with MY salesman vs. inventory guy, ABSOLUTELY!!! Politely make contact withthe inventory manager (or one of the manager's minions, if it's a big dealership) and get your info straight from the source! Don't abuse that person, though -- details generally won't change more than once a week anyhow (Thursday seems to be a particularly good day to "touch base"...)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I'd say, both from conversations on the forum :5go: AND my personal experience with MY salesman vs. inventory guy, ABSOLUTELY!!! Politely make contact withthe inventory manager (or one of the manager's minions, if it's a big dealership) and get your info straight from the source! Don't abuse that person, though -- details generally won't change more than once a week anyhow (Thursday seems to be a particularly good day to "touch base"...)
Duly noted. I sent a message to the salesperson, but in the absence of a response I may just follow that tack.
:agree:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm lucky enough to have met the inventory manager after talking to a couple of the salespeople when I first went into the dealership.
Since that first discussion, I've only ever talked to the IM, and found that he's a pretty cool guy, so I got lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts