1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
No auto offered....interesting.....

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
i just wonder how well it will do. you know i even wonder if at some point this concept car was an actual charger concept that was transformed into the challenger. look at the lines and size of the car. there always those who jump on stuff just because its the newest trend, thats the problem with retro. I can say I will not buy anything from chrysler, those days for me are long gone.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
They would be touting it at the auto show if it was indeed green lighted, and they're not, so I don't buy this story.

Not to say that it won't get green lighted, cuz I'm sure it will.

Camaro will out sell it 4 to 1. Maybe 5 to 1.

·
Super Moderator
434 Posts
OctaneZ28 said:
They would be touting it at the auto show if it was indeed green lighted, and they're not, so I don't buy this story.

Not to say that it won't get green lighted, cuz I'm sure it will.

Camaro will out sell it 4 to 1. Maybe 5 to 1.
i doubt that much. maybe 3-4 to 1.

·
Super Moderator
434 Posts
Phoenix 5.7 said:
they need to make it just intime for my graduation, so i can get a actual good job and buy one. hell, this thing might be out of production b4 the camaro even gets built
I'd rather wait a year or 2, to get all their kinks and rattles figured out. Also the markups will be gone after a while.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's hard to tell what DCX is up to these days (just like GM). I think it would be a huge mistake to offer the Challenger on a limited basis, even if it is just for the first year. They already have the Viper as their "niche" car, they don't need another one. Even though I would want the 6.1 Hemi with the 6-speed, if that's all they offer in the first year I can't help but think DCX would ultimately be shooting the car in the foot by doing that (not to mention dealers will then be gouging the holy hell out of em...) Guess we'll see what they really do...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
OctaneZ28 said:
DCX is saying 4160 lbs, 0-60 in 4.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.0 sec

Challenger gets to see Camaro tail lights. :)
No way is that car going to go 0-60 in 4.5 sec with only 425 hp pushing that piglike 4160 lbs. Maybe 5.5 seconds at best. The new Challanger might not even see it's tail lights it will be so far behind it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts