Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-DODGE-CHALLENGER-SRT8-ORDER-TO-SPEC-AMT-OVER-MSRP_W0QQitemZ110201856156QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6198QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So I guess it sold for what MSRP ~$40,000 + ~$19,000 = ~$59,000

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071205/FREE/71205003/1024/FREE

More than 4,300 people found their way to a Dodge dealer on Monday to slap down a deposit for a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8, the automaker says. And as of Wednesday, the number of deposits taken has passed the 6,000 mark.

So if you wanted to get in line for one of the first Challengers (which will all be SRT8 models), you better get movin’--the Dodge boys said the first batch of Challenger SRT8s will number significantly less than 10,000 units.

Or, go ahead and wait. There will be lesser Challengers joining the lineup, with less stuff and engines not quite as brawny as the 6.1-liter Hemi V8 that the SRT8 will be packin’ when deliveries begin next spring.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Or if the market strategy doesnt kill the nameplate first, then lesser models can be had. Im sure the first year SRT8s are going to be owned by the "look at me" kinda people. The smarter crowd prolly wait till a second year of the SRT8 which prolly have the rumored 6.4L HEMI (which would be smart, because the possible LS3 camaro will prolly kick a first year chally's ass).

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Or if the market strategy doesnt kill the nameplate first, then lesser models can be had. Im sure the first year SRT8s are going to be owned by the "look at me" kinda people. The smarter crowd prolly wait till a second year of the SRT8 which prolly have the rumored 6.4L HEMI (which would be smart, because the possible LS3 camaro will prolly kick a first year chally's ass).
Well we'll see dodge need to do the 7.0 hemi like they did for the srt's back in the day,still keep the 6.1 as an option as well as the 5.7 and 3.7
7.0$50k
6.1.$40k
5.7$30k
3.7$20k
or does anyone elese have any suggestions?

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
I think if they do the 6.4 (392) Hemi, the 5.7 will go away.
And the lineup would be: Base: 3.7L V6, R/T: 6.1L V8, SRT8: 6.4L V8
That was what I was thinking the game plan was for the second year. Before they announced the engine for the chally, I thinking that was lineup for the first year. If this is the case, then Dodge just boned the first guys with a Challenger.
I would feel violated if the second year R/T was basically the same a a first year SRT8.

Plus I was thinking the GT(5.0L-350hp), R/T(6.1L-425hp), and SS(6.2L-435hp) to be on the same 30k playing field; with the GT500(SC/5.4L-500hp), SRT8(6.4L-490hp) and Z28 (SC/6.2L-500hp) in the big leagues of 40k cars

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Automakers do that all the time. Better engines, better interior, 2 or 3 thousand dollars off MSRP. If they told anybody they would have a hard time selling existing inventory. They hope in a few years when you need to buy another car you might be calmed down.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Why isn't it a smart thing to want to be first? IMO It's their money and if they want the cool toy when it first comes out - go for it. If I had the dough I'd be in the same boat so I could enjoy the cool stuff first :roxor:

Then they could trade up when the newer versions are available if they choose :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts