Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I noticed that is a R/T, not a SRT-8. Thats the smaller V8, right? Were you there to hear it run? How did it sound?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
AFAIK, 2008 Challengers are going to be SRT-8s...at least from Chrysler's information. I'm assuming this is a test mule so if it's a 2008 mule, it's an srt-8...if it's for another powertrain project for 09 and beyond, who really knows?

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
I like to hear some guesses of the number. When he releases the number someone gets a free 20oz bottle of air. So I will go first.

rwhp: 340hp

tq: 370ftlbs

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
388 rwhp
392 tq
:rotflmao:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
It is very hard to drive anyplace here in Michigan that time of year and have a clean ride ;)
One more reason to live in the sterile and warm southwest. Arizona FTW!

(of course my truck is really fuggin dirty right now...Of course the wife hasn't washed it in a few months LOL)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
AFAIK, 2008 Challengers are going to be SRT-8s...at least from Chrysler's information. I'm assuming this is a test mule so if it's a 2008 mule, it's an srt-8...if it's for another powertrain project for 09 and beyond, who really knows?
That's a MY09 R/T with the "new" 5.7 Hemi (370hp/390tq) and more than likely a T56. Check out Dodge's site. They've had info for the 09's for about a month.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts