Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I changed all four tires on my 2014 2LT RS about two weeks ago and when driving home from work tonight, the "Service Stabilitrak" message popped up. The light blinked for maybe 2-3 minutes and then went off. However, I noticed right away that the feel of the car was different. During both acceleration and braking, there was this slight pulsating - it only lasts for a split second every time I accelerate or brake. It's kind of hard to explain, almost feels like it skips a bit. Has anyone encountered this before? I'm assuming it has to do with the tires - either weren't balanced correctly or the alignment is off?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
tire sizes the same or different? I'm exploring changes, so very curious

·
Registered
102 Posts
sharkie I am no expert but I've read enough posts to know that "service stabiltrak" is some kind of generic code, not really for specific stabletrac issues, which you seem to know already. Do you have a code reader to put on the port under steering wheel? I doubt alignment is involved, but maybe balance.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
It won't be because of balance issues or alignment either one. It won't be a generic code, it will be a specific code of which sensor is not reading correctly or a correlation issue, which could be if you got different size tires like someone else said. Need to get a diagnostic on the code to be sure, or someone could have unplugged a sensor or damaged wire to a sensor by accident. Should not have had to unplug anything during tire change

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tire sizes the same or different? I'm exploring changes, so very curious
I got the exact same tires as before so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm just not sure why the feel is different now when driving, especially at higher speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts