Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light has gone off 4 times, first & last time the light stayed on but the second & third time it went off a short time later. On the second & third time I noticed it said "check stabilitrak" Brought it to the dealer after the first time & they just reset it & said they could find no problems. Brought it to another dealer after the last time and they had the car for 5 days & they still cant figure out why it is going off. Onstar told me the code was P0300, random misfire.
I had the dealer list the steps they took to fix the problem,

"As far as your check engine/stabiltrak lights coming on, we have not been able to find any cause of faults. The following codes were pulled from modules.
P0300 (random misfire detected)
We checked ECU for latest updates all are good. Checked all spark plugs/wires. Checked for any vacuum leaks, none found. No leaks, compression is at GM specs. The supercharger "special policy 13313 " may be a factor but we are unable to warranty that procedure at this point in time. The supercharger does not have the slop in gears in order to replace it under GM warranty. When it does we will be able to do that job for you at no charge.
U0401 (electronic brake control module invalid data received from engine control module). This could have just been a glitch between two computers trying to communicate to each other. It is set as a history code and has past last ignition cycle test. This may have caused a random misfire code P0300.
Diagnosis not found.
Recommendation - continue driving vehicle and if either lights come on drive straight to dealer and leave engine running till a certified GM technician can inspect visually/GDS."

Anyone have the same problem ? Thanks !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks hypurone, have tried 3 different gas stations & it is still happening. Thanks again !

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hmm, this is normally for earlier cars but is worth a shot at this point. Try doing a fuel table reset. Basically disconnect the battery and leave it overnight. This normally resets it to its high octane tables and clears the STFT/LTFT tables as well. After reconnecting, start the car and let it warm up to normal operating temp,then shut it off for 10mins to allow it to store the basisc table(s) info. Then go drive it and see..... :gears:

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the fuel reset & did not work but thanks. Envy - still reading on the link you sent, thanks !

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ive noticed over the years the vehicles that use Chevron premium knock least

Id have the dealership replace the sparkplugs and wires if the misfire code keeps popping up.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
very few Chevrons here (if any) ... haven't been having knock with Shell 93

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Same here for me too, Shell Premium 93 oct with Nitrogen, I know it won't help keep the valves clean but it does a good job on the knocking.

Tried Chevron and thought I had regular in the tank by mistake!:lol:

I now, I know it varies by region but for me it works best here in N Texas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The CEL has not come on in over 2 weeks so I am hopeful & since this has been happening I used several different gas stations. I also had the wires & spark plugs checked and they were fine. Thanks again everyone !!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have not posted in a while but continued to have the same problems with engine lights going off. It was the Engine Control Module ECM was broken and was replaced.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Thanks for the update, one does wonder sometimes if left un answered. Glad it is OK now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts