Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.Autoblog.com

Back in February, General Motors circulated a few studio shots of a new Chevrolet Corvette GT1 Championship Edition package, but the New York Auto Show is the first time we're coming face-to-face with just such an animal.

Built up from a standard 4LT coupe or convertible, the GT1 CE is essentially a trim-and-tape tribute package designed to celebrate the C6.R's racing successes. As such, it features a graphics package influenced by the racecar's livery, including the skull "Jake" logo, driver flags, a windshield banner, and so on. There's also a ZR1 "style" rear spoiler and chrome wheels to complete the package, although unfortunately no drivetrain bits from the King Corvette will make the scene.

Inside, as you can see in our photographs below, the ebony interior has been done up in yellow stitching, and there's special GT1 embroidery adorning the instrument panel, center console armrest, and seats.

As Chevrolet has plans to build just 600 of these limited-edition models, this could well be the closest any of us ever get to driving one.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
was at the show today, this thing looks even better in person.. Skulls on the headrests, on the center console, awesome wheels.. will have pics on myspace in about 10 min

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
was at the show today, this thing looks even better in person.. Skulls on the headrests, on the center console, awesome wheels.. will have pics on myspace in about 10 min

skulls on the headrest and center console ? wtf :lol: is there a pair of panty hose with 2 baseballs hanging off the back bumper like it has Big balls to ?

I think most vette owners will agree the skulls is a bit much.

I like the looks of the car however you got me wondering with the skulls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Being able to afford a Corvette does not equate to being able to afford a ZR-1, or Lingenfelter. A *base* C6 coupe can be had for close to $40K with hefty discount. Somehow I have the feeling many of the new high-end Camaro's will approach to $40K range.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to kick anyone in the shins. I have a 2001 Corvette, and also have a deposit waiting for a Camaro convertible. Same price range ... different vehicles ... for different purposes.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
I think it looks sweet, but should have more horsepower or a performance advantage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts