1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was just about to say, "Isn't he a huge Ford guy?" :confused:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i don't think he's brand loyal. i've seen him rockin' a Caddy Deville too. at least he's a car guy that's pretty well known among the general public.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Shame he's going to be advertising for such a meh car though.
Cruze would be a lot cooler if they kept the 2.2L and shoved it in there. Good gas mileage...and more power.
And less parts that break.

EDIT: Just checked chevy's website..the only Cruze to come with a manual trans is the "LS"..and it has very few options...no other models can get a manual.

Another step backwards. :|

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Shame he's going to be advertising for such a meh car though.
Cruze would be a lot cooler if they kept the 2.2L and shoved it in there. Good gas mileage...and more power.
And less parts that break.

EDIT: Just checked chevy's website..the only Cruze to come with a manual trans is the "LS"..and it has very few options...no other models can get a manual.

Another step backwards. :|
Everyone wants autos. Less maintenance and more reliable. A lot of autos come with paddle shifters now too...Hell our new Taurus has a 6 speed with paddle shifters.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Less maintenance and more reliable!?

Look up the cars that have over a million miles on them..9/10 of them are manuals.
Autos will eventually require its fluid to be changed..a lot of manuals don't even have those.

I've heard way more horror stories with autos than I have manuals.

Manual = fewer moving mechanical parts + fewer electronics = mechanically more reliable.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Less maintenance and more reliable!?

Look up the cars that have over a million miles on them..9/10 of them are manuals.
Autos will eventually require its fluid to be changed..a lot of manuals don't even have those.

I've heard way more horror stories with autos than I have manuals.

Manual = fewer moving mechanical parts + fewer electronics = mechanically more reliable.
You're wrong, of course. There aren't that many cars with a million miles on them, but other than your exageration, since the 80s, domestic autos have continuously lasted longer in normal driving conditions than manuals. Many would much rather have an old Camaro with a 700R4, than a Camaro with a T-5. Other than replacing the clutch every 60K miles, the T-5s had all sorts of other problems. Of course, your arguement also falls apart when you look and see that almost every car in the last 5-10 years ONLY CAME with and auto, and some of them are rocking 250K with zero transmission problems.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts