1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quality needs to be AMAZING ON THE new camaro
im sorry but if its quality is crap when i see it
it will turn me off
we have two trucks a chevrolet silverado(which people take pride in so much)
and a toyota tundra(people hate because its a *** truck)
and that tundra kills it in every way
its faster more fun to drive and just a better truck
yes that is my opinion but then we all have different views
the silverado we have to take in AGAIN for 4wd reasons....
so chevy better up the quality on this car or they are gunna be hurting.... BAD

·
Registered
177 Posts
I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but the
way you phrase things can really piss people off. You should respect the people on this forum and not just run your mouth without realizing what you are saying.

not aimed at "lulwinkle"

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
You are stating the obvious...I think most (if not all) here will agree, and hope that the quality of the Camaro is top notch. The rest of your post is not needed and ugly. You are a useless post *****.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
EDITED!!:rotflmao::rotflmao::lol:
:rotflmao::rotflmao:that's certainly reading in between the lines.:lol: Maybe that's what I wanted you to read...subliminal posting.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
it will turn me off
and a toyota tundra(people hate because its a jap truck)

I apologize to everyone else here on 5thgen and i know im breaking the rules.

Codplayer why is it when we are all being agreeable you start stirring stuff up again...Me personaly an Really sick of your ****...if u Can do Better Making ANYCAR or anything then doit....GM has Succeded in being in Biz for 100 years Sure with ups and Downs...But there still ticking. And ill Bet my Keft nut if You never Buy a Camaro or even a GM product they will still be going a 100 years from now.

In all honesty Id prolly Kick your ass if i ever saw you in public..i can tell Your One of those ppl Who complains bout everything But doesnt do anything to change....I bet you dont even vote *****!....

again sorry to the Mods...the owner Tim and whoever i might have offended...well except Asshat...If u need to ban me Ban away.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here is a quick "quiz" Mr Lutz posted on his Blog.

This tries to bust the myth that Toyota has higher quality than the domestics.
Its quite impressive to read - share it with your friends/family ..it is the only way to get the word out about GM real quality versus all the inaccurate perceptions about Toyota. :patriot:

Answers Bellow the questions

1.) Which mid-size sedan has the highest initial quality?
a. Accord (Honda)
b. Altima (Nissan)
c. Camry (Toyota)
d. Malibu (Chevrolet)

2.) Which large sedan has the highest initial quality?
a. Avalon (Toyota)
b. Grand Prix (Pontiac)
c. Sable (Mercury)

3.) Which mid-size pickup has the highest initial quality?
a. Dakota (Dodge)
b. Ranger (Ford)
c. Tacoma (Toyota)

4.) Which car is the most economical overall?
a. Aveo (Chevrolet)
b. Fit (Honda)
c. Prius (Toyota)

5.) Which car did the LA Times describe as, “a better car than BMW or Mercedes or Lexus or Infiniti?”
a. A6 (Audi)
b. CTS (Cadillac)
c. RL (Acura)

6.) Which company makes the winner of the 2008 “Green Car of the Year” award?
a. Chevrolet
b. Honda
c. Toyota

7.) Which car was selected by the North American Automotive Press Corps as the “North American Car of the Year” for 2007?
a. Aura (Saturn)
b. Camry (Toyota)
c. Fit (Honda)

8.) Which car won the same award for 2008?
a. Accord (Honda)
b. Altima coupe (Nissan)
c. Malibu (Chevrolet)

ANSWERS:

1.) Which mid-size sedan has the highest initial quality?
Answer: The Chevrolet Malibu has better initial quality than any competitor, including the Honda Accord, Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima. The Ford Fusion also beat all 3 Japanese competitors, according to he J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey, which also reveals that above average are American brands Mercury, Ford, Cadillac, Chevrolet , Pontiac, Lincoln, and Buick. Below average are import brands Acura, Kia, Nissan, BMW, Mazda, VW, Subaru, and Scion (and several others).

2. ) Which large sedan has the highest initial quality?
Answer: Again per J.D. Power, the highest quality large car is the Pontiac Grand Prix, beating the Toyota Avalon. Two other Detroit cars that beat the Avalon are the Mercury Sable and Mercury Grand Marquis.

3.) Which mid-size pickup has the highest initial quality?
Answer: According to J.D. Power, the Dodge Dakota has the best quality for midsize pickups, proving that Chrysler too can beat the imports. Both the Dakota and the Ford Ranger beat the Toyota Tacoma.

4.) Which car is the most economical overall?
Answer: Per Edmunds.com, the premier automotive analysis site, the most-economical car in America, taking into account not only mileage but all costs, is the Chevrolet Aveo.

5.) Which car did the Los Angeles Times describe as “a better car than BMW or Mercedes or Lexus or Infiniti?”
Answer: “Cadillac makes a better car than BMW or Mercedes or Lexus or Infiniti, and that car is the 2008 CTS. No other car in the mass market dares so much as this expressive and audacious bit of automotive avant-gardism.” — Dan Neil, LA Times.

6.) Which company makes the winner of the 2008 “Green Car of the Year” award?
Answer: The Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid wins this award. How could a full-size SUV defeat the media darling Toyota Prius? Read what greencar.com has to say and you’ll discover that, “What’s equally eye-opening is that the Tahoe’s 21 mpg city fuel efficiency rating is the same as that of the city EPA rating for the four-cylinder Toyota Camry sedan.” Did you catch that? A huge, full-size SUV from Chevrolet that gets the same city mileage as a four-cylinder Toyota Camry. Chevy obtained this remarkable achievement through the use of its 2-Mode hybrid system.

7.) Which car was selected by the North American automotive press corps as the “North American Car of the Year” for 2007?
Answer: The Saturn Aura picked by the Automotive Press Corps.

8.) Which car won the same award for 2008?

Answer: The Chevy Malibu.

·
Registered
370 Posts
it will turn me off
and a toyota tundra(people hate because its a jap truck)
I know i should just ignore your comments and walk away from my computer but ... as a GM employee and assigned to the Camaro project i can say with out doubt the new 5thGen will be of the highest quality. The Oshawa plant has won a ton of awards for their 1st time quality achievements. GMS is fully implemented in both car plants and the production workers are excited as hell to be part of this great team effort. Most if not all of them took an extended layoff ( one year and loss of pay) to allow the change over and have the opportunity to work on the new Camaro.

As for your comments about the Silverado i've had over 20 GM trucks with- out ANY major repairs. They are by far the best built trucks on the market. I also haul landscape trailers and have never had any issues with horse power or 4wd problems. Check out the Oshawa plants on the web , you won't be disappointed. Go Camaro.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts