Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if this is old info, but I found these stats about the new Camaro straight from Chevy. I hope you have adobe.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/pdf/2010+Camaro+Specifications.pdf

---A fast take on the facts---

Built on the new GM global rear-drive platform, the Camaro is offered in V6-powered LS and LT models, as well as the V8-powered SS. All models and powertrain combinations include efficient six-speed transmissions.

"Camaro delivers all of the things that make Chevrolet such a revered, global brand," said Peper. "It is a car that competes with the best sports cars in its class, but does so with surprising efficiency. That is no small feat, and it took a worldwide commitment to achieve it."

Performance

* A 3.6L DI VVT V6 engine with a projected 300 hp and manual six-speed transmission is standard on LS and LT models. Choose the available six-speed automatic with TAPshift to achieve an estimated 26 mpg highway:)
* A 6.2L V8 with a projected 400 hp with six-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift includes Active Fuel Management technology to achieve 23 mpg highway:roxor:
* For the top-of-the-line, the 6.2L V8 with manual six-speed transmission produces a projected 422 hp:patriot:
* Four-wheel independent suspension system, including a 4.5 link rear suspension
* Variable-rate power steering with the rack mounted forward of the front axle for better weight balance and greater driver feel
* Four-wheel disc brake systems with ABS standard on all models, including four-piston Brembo calipers on SS models
* StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System with traction control standard on all models
* Competitive/Sport modes for the Stabilitrak system offered on SS models, including launch control on SS models equipped with the six-speed manual transmission
* Robust body structure and exceptional build quality

Design

* Sleek, heritage-inspired styling with contemporary cues and 10 available exterior colors
* Detailed interior with heritage-inspired design, excellent attention to detail and available ambient LED lighting technology
* RS Appearance Package available on LT and SS, with HID headlamps with integrated halo ring feature, spoiler, specific taillamps and 20-inch wheels2
* Family of 18-, 19- and 20-inch wheels
* Extensive list of options and accessories for almost unlimited personalization choices

Technology

* Bluetooth wireless technology for compatible phones
* Premium Boston Acoustics 9-speaker, 245 watt audio system with subwoofer available on select models
* USB connectivity available on select models
* Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist available on select models (planned for December, 2009)
* Remote vehicle starting system available on select models
* Six standard airbags: Dual-stage frontal air bags, Head-curtain side-impact air bags, Front-seat-mounted, side-impact thorax air bags for driver and front passenger.
* OnStar with one-year Safe & Sound Plan standard, also available is Turn-By-Turn Navigation5 with Directions & Connections plan

No word on price, but price it under 23K, and the Mustallenger duo are officially dead to me.

*whoa. Octane Z28 and Camaro Scotty posted the same stuff literally a few minutes after this one. I guess we're all in sync.*

Look at this video of the Camaro ignition that I found on chevy.com: http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.