Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wander if chevy will make the doors heavy as hell like they have done in the past. I remember my 1985 I-ROC doors were heavy as hell. and for that matter so was my 1972 ss nova. So I wander if chevy will take care of that problme.:homer::homer:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
My 98 has fiberglass doors. I am also wondering if the new camaro will have fiberglass or metal doors, also if it will have metal fenders instead of urathane. I am hoping they keep things the same as 4th gen on that part.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Ya, I sure hope there are some differences between the 85 iroc and the 09 any camaro ;)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
The number one concern will be for safety, as the rules have changed drastically recently. Hopefully, though, they will consider weight savings over the entire car after that, but as you all know, the more weight you save, the more it costs.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
My 98 has fiberglass doors. I am also wondering if the new camaro will have fiberglass or metal doors, also if it will have metal fenders instead of urathane. I am hoping they keep things the same as 4th gen on that part.
Those doors are not fiberglass, they are some version of plastic :D

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
If the doors are balanced right, it doesn't really matter how heavy they are (for reasons other than the overall weight of the car).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sag

I just dont want my doors to sag like on my other cars. so thats why I hope they make the doors lighter than past years of the camaro.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Its all in the hinge. the new Mercedes advertise 200 lb test hinges on the doors and have people hanging off them.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Things break down and wear out. Hinges can be replaced.
The less things that need to be replaced, and are better from the beginning, the better. That said, if you have all the best things in the beginning, then you have a really expensive car. Just don't sit on your door when it's open (like normal people), and you'll be ok. :)

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
2nd Gens had alot of problems with sagging doors, and 3rd Gens did too, but less.
4th Gens had very few problems like this, albeit the oldest 4th Gens are just hitting 15 years old now.

I'm not seeing this be an issue at all on 5th Gens.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I haven't seen this issue since those days. The oldest 4 gens are now almost 15 years old. 93 right? Man time flys

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Those doors are not fiberglass, they are some version of plastic :D
LOL they sure felt like fiberglass when I hole sawed the inner door panel and all the dust covered me and was all in my hair. I hurt for over a week. It felt like I was being poked all over. It was hard to sleep.:D

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
From everything I've heard about the GTO, I hope it is used as a benchmark in a lot of places. In my opinion, if the GTO had more aggressive styling, and more engine power/options, and a little better side-to-side handling, would've been a whole different marketing story. It might have even been in my garage.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
From everything I've heard about the GTO, I hope it is used as a benchmark in a lot of places. In my opinion, if the GTO had more aggressive styling, and more engine power/options, and a little better side-to-side handling, would've been a whole different marketing story. It might have even been in my garage.
Oh no, not the GTO marketing discussion again :lol: :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts