Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some manufactures have military pricing for service members stationed overseas. BMW, for example offers about 12% off MSRP on all their vehicles. Even the ///M cars. I've been doing some looking around and i can't seem to find anything involving GM. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I've bought a vehicle using USAA before but you must be a member. I was able to purchase a car at $650 over dealer cost....AND they just started offering the same purchasing agreements with used vehicles. If you are RELAD you may still qualify...check them out. Worse thing they can say is "No". Good luck, Doc.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I went to the Exchange new car sales 2 years ago to get a GTO and they told me that GM had pulled out. I went back when I was in Kuwait last year, same story. Our only American choices right now are Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ford. EWWWW!

Import are through Pentagon and they are BMW, Volvo and .... If I remember correctly Mercedes. We got our Volvo through Pentagon Auto Sales.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Well, I've learned something new today...I didn't know that you could go through AAFES to buy a new car. :)
I wonder why GM doesn't support the program you are talking about...lord knows they sell enough GV's to the military.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've bought a vehicle using USAA before but you must be a member. I was able to purchase a car at $650 over dealer cost....AND they just started offering the same purchasing agreements with used vehicles. If you are RELAD you may still qualify...check them out. Worse thing they can say is "No". Good luck, Doc.
I was actually checking otu their used cars the other day. they had a Vette for about $19,000.

I didn't check the new cars. Do they show what type of discount we are getting? I wonder if you can combine the USAA price with the GM Supplier Discount Program.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
USAA

Not sure what the discount percentage is or if it is an across-the-board discount...I would give USAA a call and ask them, though. When the Camaro is released I plan on going through USAA to purchase as they seem to get the best deals for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Most of the cars there are like only $200 over invoice. I doubt you can combine them. I'll just see which one gives me a better price and work from there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
go to the Chev web page and it gives you the link on how to get the militry discourt I think 6%. any way good luck served from 1982-2006 got blown up in Iraq and medicaly seperated

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was under the impression all cars bought while deployed were tax free atleast. That's what I was told by the guy when I was in Al Taqaddum last year (Feb-Sept 2007 timeframe.)

·
Registered
330 Posts
which is a crock! if you buy it in another country, then why should you have to pay american tax? will they want you to bring reciepts home from your trip and catch up the taxes on all your hotel rooms, food, and everything else you bought while you were gone.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts