4,638 Posts
I would not be suprised if that guy sued them and if he won

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If there's a written dress code saying something like if you wear sports-team attire, it must be for a Chicago-based team because of business reasons, and he violated it, then yes, he could be terminated for not following company policy. There also needs to be other factors congruent to specifically selling cars/dealer services.

If anyone's shallow enough to avoid a dealership that a salesman has other than a Bears tie on, then they probably aren't worth talking to in the first place. That car dealership owner is a moron.

The salesman could own a few of that dealership's cars after all this if there was no bonafide occupational requirement that he not wear anything other than Bears gear. I don't think Illinois is a right-to-work state. Plus, if he was under a contract, it would depend on the conditions. It'd be interesting to see how this pans out if he litigates.

Of course, if look at the state, you can see a glaring issue right there...Illinois. The land who boasts that they had the "Great Emancipator", yet ironically, wants to control every aspect of your life with government intervention/nanny state mentality. I refuse to claim I was ever born in that sorry ass state. It's embarrassing.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Yep, another dealership about 10 minutes from my house hired him already.

It was stupid for the other dealer to fire him...
1. It's a friggin TIE! LOL!
2. He sold 14 cars in December - that's pretty impressive for December!

Old dealer's loss IMO.

And good on the new dealer for stepping up, that's great! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts