Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ROYAL OAK -- The newest member to the PT Cruiser family, a limited-edition, white-and-black, two-tone retro sedan, didn't stop traffic along Woodward Avenue Tuesday morning, but it did turn some heads.

More...

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
The PT Loser was designed by the same guy, who 5 years later, designed the HHR, Brian Nesbitt. While the HHR obviously looked alot like a PT Cruiser, it still had it's own unique look. The SS especially. This "Dream Cruiser" seems to borrow heavily in the front bumper area from the HHR SS.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Those cars/things will never appear good looking to me, and the people that customize them just crack me up.......

I was at a car show over the weekend and amongst the muscle cars, hot rods, and restos were about 10 PT cruiser belonging to some club. Why do they think they belong there? :BangHead: there was only a couple of new age muscle cars, a shelby mustang, SS Camaro, a riced out Nissan (although it was done cleanly and was worth a glance), and Challenger were the only cars there made after 1980 and for some reason the PT Cruisers felt they belonged.

I don't want to see a purple cruiser with the vinyl "wood" sided package and the golden accents and trim. It about makes me sick as someone who likes automotive design. It would be like a seeing a customized Aztec, maybe worse.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
99 Posts
My, the love of the PT Cruiser here is amazing. It is especially so in face of the matter that those who refer to the HHR as the Me-too Cruiser actually do have a point of sorts. I've driven one, and it's not exactly my bag, but I do see it as an interesting way to package what is basically just a five door hatchback. After all, it could have been the Caliber, which in the form it is typically seen on the streets, has about the performance of my Prius, minus the Prius gas mileage.

If Chrysler can get a little more mileage out of it with this, it is at least saner than, say, $80k for the fastest Shelby GT500KR(?).

·
Registered
620 Posts
YAWN!!!!! i am tired of it, and they all say limited edition.... AS IF

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
ehh its like having econocars pick ups or pony cars..they will look the same..and act the same..

but I thought the TP was going the way of the dodo..

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
LMAO! 150 HORSEPOWER! This car is so old, when it first came out, Jesus picked it as car of the year.

Adding makeup won't hide age lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts