Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where to put this since it is a 5th gen board, but I want you guys to post up the Camaro(s) that got you hooked.

This was my dad's 71 true rs spilit bumper.
Picked this car up years ago, and I thought my dad was absolutely insane.
Brought it home on a rollback with no engine, transmission, interior, NOTHING.
But we worked on it over the years ( about six or so ) to get it to the point that we were settled with, I will try to get more pictures of it scanned, as it is now sold, and all the pictures of restoration are on 35mm.
Anyways, this is a couple of days before he sold it. ( First time I had ever seen him cry. )

·
Registered
401 Posts

here's mine
been working on it for the last couple of years, didnt seem that long ago when my dad and i started
We still have a long way to go to get exactly what we want into the car(572bbc!!!)
Very fun, just hope we can find another one and money lets us do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Overanxious, didnt know there was a 1st and 2nd gen area.
And Cod3player, that is a beautiful car.
Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
My first camaro was a 78 z28, she got stolen:( After that car I was hooked! Found a 1970 z28 I am going to be picking up. I am so excited! I have a 79 z28 I am restoring too! Painting it in August!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was hooked before I even owned a Camaro. My first car was a 1974 Camaro Type LT, 350, 4 spd car. I swapped in a cam intake, headers a 4 bbl and a posi. A few cars later I bought a 79 Z/28 4spd. I swapped in a 1970 LT1, headers and exhaust not long after I bought it.

This is my latest Camaro. It's a 69 ProStreet convertible. I've posted a few pics in other sections here. The build kinda got out of hand...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Beautiful car. Love pro-street cars. I know very well how builds can get out of hand. I'm in that stage right now. Started off with a mild street build and one thing lead to another. $35,000 and still not completed. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts