Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Cleveland Autoshow today and guess where all the people were flocking?! =) For anyone that hasn't been able to sit in one yet, let me tell you, you will not be disappointed!!!! I sat in the 2LT with leather and super comfy. My dad said the same, with lots of leg room...but I feel for anyone in the back seat. The interior wraps around you as you sit in it.

So I need advice with the tire packages. I initially thought it's not such the big deal with the differences. Well, the 2LT had 20's and how beautiful.

Any thoughts/suggestions??? (I ordered a 2LT but just left it at the 18's)

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I went to the Cleveland Autoshow today and guess where all the people were flocking?! =) For anyone that hasn't been able to sit in one yet, let me tell you, you will not be disappointed!!!! I sat in the 2LT with leather and super comfy. My dad said the same, with lots of leg room...but I feel for anyone in the back seat. The interior wraps around you as you sit in it.

So I need advice with the tire packages. I initially thought it's not such the big deal with the differences. Well, the 2LT had 20's and how beautiful.

IMO get the 20's ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Definetly upgrade Heather. to me the 20's just look great with the body lines of the 5th gen. But that's my opinion. :thumbsup::5go:

·
Registered
470 Posts

Somebody smarter than me will correct me if I am wrong, but to get the 20's, you have to get the RS package. If you get the 20's, they are SUMMER ONLY tires. If you are going to drive in snow, that means you need to buy another set of tires and have them switched out (and some people will even recommend you get another set of rims too so you are not unmounting and mounting your tires).

I would strongly encourage you to get the RS package, I got it mostly for the color matched roof ditch molding (the stripes of rubber on the roof are just black without it) and for the 20" wheels. Then you also get the cool halos and ambient lighting. I have a winter car already so I'm set.

If you just upgrade to the 19" tires, for like $500, then you still get all-season.

-Brad

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Somebody smarter than me will correct me if I am wrong, but to get the 20's, you have to get the RS package. If you get the 20's, they are SUMMER ONLY tires. If you are going to drive in snow, that means you need to buy another set of tires and have them switched out (and some people will even recommend you get another set of rims too so you are not unmounting and mounting your tires).

I would strongly encourage you to get the RS package, I got it mostly for the color matched roof ditch molding (the stripes of rubber on the roof are just black without it) and for the 20" wheels. Then you also get the cool halos and ambient lighting. I have a winter car already so I'm set.

If you just upgrade to the 19" tires, for like $500, then you still get all-season.

They are working on getting a all season tire for the 20's ( i think Scott had them on his when he picked his car up scorpions i think) But i might be wrong not sure

-Brad

·
Registered
470 Posts
They are working on getting a all season tire for the 20's ( i think Scott had them on his when he picked his car up scorpions i think) But i might be wrong not sure
Those were the recommended after market pirelli tires. I am pretty sure no plan to make them an available option, they are just the Chevy recommended...

-Brad

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is my understanding the 20's are RS package only. I know I'm going to get reemed for saying this, but I'm not a fan of the RS stuff. *ooooh here it comes...* :lol: Also, the all-season tires come into play...I live in Cleveland (snow today, 75 tomorrow).

I'm getting the 19's. Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It is my understanding the 20's are RS package only. I know I'm going to get reemed for saying this, but I'm not a fan of the RS stuff. *ooooh here it comes...* :lol: Also, the all-season tires come into play...I live in Cleveland (snow today, 75 tomorrow).

I'm getting the 19's. Thanks, guys.
What the @#[email protected] are you thinking! Not a fan of the RS "stuff"! What, were you born in Utah or something?

:D

(That's all I got, my creative writing gene is turned off tonight)
-Brad

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cleveland born and raised. Maybe it's more of...can't be TOO flashy in the ghetto hahahaha :lol: Can't compete with the Chevelles riding so high they're nearly in the clouds. Oh I crack myself up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts