Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Camaro today. I did notice a clicking sound coming from where the engine oil dipstick is when the engine is running. Anyone has experienced this? Should I worry? It is not loud, but it's constant, click, click, click...

Thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's weird. You have that too? Mine only clicks about three times and then goes away.:confused:
I started it this morning and accelerated it a bit and the clicking noise became faster. I accelerated more and the clicking noise turned like into a "rattling noise". I'm worried. Anyone else has run into this? Hopefully I'm over reacting. The car has 60 miles on it. Advice please!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I haven't heard anything about this yet. Did you pull the dipstick out and put it back?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't heard anything about this yet. Did you pull the dipstick out and put it back?
Yes. That was the first thing that I thought about. Not sure what to do other than calling the dealer. The noise is faint but loud enough that you can hear it. What really worries me is that the clicking noise gets faster when accelerating, isn't that engine related?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes. That was the first thing that I thought about. Not sure what to do other than calling the dealer. The noise is faint but loud enough that you can hear it. What really worries me is that the clicking noise gets faster when accelerating, isn't that engine related?
Probably. Best take it in an have the dealer check it. Mine has 55 miles on it. Hope I don't have to go in too.:(

Mine sounds like it could be electrical, like relays or switches opening and closing.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I started it this morning and accelerated it a bit and the clicking noise became faster. I accelerated more and the clicking noise turned like into a "rattling noise". I'm worried. Anyone else has run into this? Hopefully I'm over reacting. The car has 60 miles on it. Advice please!

Thanks.

AC Compressor?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If it raises a question in your mind, I would just take it in to the GM Goodwrench boys and let them figure it out. They probably need the training.:eek:

Hooah! My time in service was the best time in my life!

Airborne!

·
Registered
43 Posts
From: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40762&highlight=purge

and: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26900&highlight=EVAP

Originally Posted by fbodfather
The description sounds like a noise that ours (as well as other manufacturers' vehicles make shortly after cold start and that is the EVAP purge and/or vent valve making noise during the EVAP self-test.

The following PIs and bulletins describe this noise on some of our other vehicles - your dealer has this info:

PIC4317D
04-06-05-009C
08-06-04-008
06-06-04-062A
AIP3301

If you are concerned that the noise is excessive, it would probably be best to have your dealer evaluate it and determine that it is a result of the EVAP test.

We are able to achieve great fuel economy numbers and low emissions due, in part to electronics such as this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts