Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
All I see is a saving GM documentary.

·
8,984 Posts
Watching the GM documenary right now.

They are starting the Camaro portion with Dale Jr.

·
Registered
44 Posts
**** liberal media whinning about GM not producing more hybrid cars seems to be the message here.

If it wasn't for Nancy Pilosi shutting down Congress and her and Reed and the rest of them taking their vacation, maybe we could have an energy bill passed that will increase oil production and not be so hard on America as a whole.

Nancy Pilosi said she's trying to save the world. Last time I checked, a Congressional oath of officed didn't include saving the world but protecting the United States from enemies foreign and domestic. I say she is one of those enemies.

Oh and Nancy, if you are so for new energy and saving the world...why did you want a jet comparable to Air Force 1?

Shut her up and give me my **** Camaro you (insert explerative here)!!!!

Ok....sorry for the rant.

Heretic

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
"if the Camaro is a success......"

They should see my mailing list! I can't tell you how many locals have came over to the Chevy side........after putting up with disappointments at the Dodge dealer down the road.

I am confident it will be as big as the Malibu!

·
8,984 Posts
**** liberal media whinning about GM not producing more hybrid cars seems to be the message here.

If it wasn't for Nancy Pilosi shutting down Congress and her and Reed and the rest of them taking their vacation, maybe we could have an energy bill passed that will increase oil production and not be so hard on America as a whole.

Nancy Pilosi said she's trying to save the world. Last time I checked, a Congressional oath of officed didn't include saving the world but protecting the United States from enemies foreign and domestic. I say she is one of those enemies.

Oh and Nancy, if you are so for new energy and saving the world...why did you want a jet comparable to Air Force 1?

Shut her up and give me my **** Camaro you (insert explerative here)!!!!

Ok....sorry for the rant.

Heretic
Well put, but you forgot to insert "pinko-commi" in that rant somewhere!:lol:

Again I TOTALLY agrre.

FN Liberal PSEs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
!#%^ it i missed it.:BangHead: but from what i read above i didnt miss much...
anything usefull come out of it?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Well put, but you forgot to insert "pinko-commi" in that rant somewhere!:lol:

Again I TOTALLY agrre.

FN Liberal PSEs.
We agree on something!

·
8,984 Posts
We agree on something!
I knew it was only time before you came over to the DARKSIDE!:lol:

We can disagree bro. It's all good!

Back on topic Minions!

I really liked the Documentary, but it was for all of the videos and info on GM and not the commentary.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i read somewhere else that it was basically a giant infomercial.... and unfortunately i musty agree.... from my point of view it was like GM paid CNBC to make an hour long infomercial...

That may be just me but thats how it came across to me.

Anyone else feel that way?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Putting GM on the spot about making more fuel efficient cars and hybrids though and saying it was their lack of foresight that has gotten them into their financial distress was uncalled for. GM will have to have a better line of cars, and that's easy to do....and not rely on trucks to be their bread and butter anymore. At least while gas prices are so high. I would so go for a CNG car. 104 octane....woot. I was in the AF and all our vehicles were CNG. They ran pretty good. Need to start having some infrastructure built to help support other alternatives I suppose. Hell....I would fill up from my house if I had a transfer pump.

Heretic

·
Registered
141 Posts
CNG vehicles went away in the AF. It was not cost effective.

·
Registered
199 Posts
repeat Sunday night at 10 for those that missed it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i read somewhere else that it was basically a giant infomercial.... and unfortunately i musty agree.... from my point of view it was like GM paid CNBC to make an hour long infomercial...
I felt they were very negative toward GM. Every time they said something positive there was a "but" after it.
"They say they are turning around quality, but we have heard that before."
"The Camaro could be the next great success, but it could be a huge failure."
"China loves GM, but they could lose that at any second."
They also made it sound like every car GM built from 1975-2005 was absolute trash.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I felt they were very negative toward GM. Every time they said something positive there was a "but" after it.
"They say they are turning around quality, but we have heard that before."
"The Camaro could be the next great success, but it could be a huge failure."
"China loves GM, but they could lose that at any second."
They also made it sound like every car GM built from 1975-2005 was absolute trash.
Welcome to modern day media. The new drama.

·
Registered
198 Posts

no i didnt feel that way, but it sounds to me like some people WANTED it to be a huge infomercial, and were disappointed that the documentary actually pointed out some of the bad stuff that GM has done. sorry guys, GM cars did have less than competitive quality until the last few years...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Back in the 80s, my parents bought a Buick. Too many issues for them to deal with, so they stood on line and bought a Civic at a premium due to their high demand. It lived until 94 when my uncle was in a head on collision...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts