Your thought on the Cobalt SS...

• No...its rice..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The Camaro V6 is a little bit slower than the Cobalt SS. I can tell you that the Camaro's quality for one will be much better, though. The Cobalt is a sleeper. idk if that's what you want, but I want my Car to tell people it's fast even when it's standing still. If you're hooked on the Cobalt, you should go for the Turbo. It has 260 horsepower with an available upgrade to 290. The Superch'd one only has 205, and comes with that lame ricer spoiler. I think it's a good first car, but IMO, you should go classic. (Like I'm planning to do.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hmm....Well..no thats just my Ford side showing...

But, see....I want a Mustang or a F-150 as a first car........and thats not happening unless my dad hits the lotto...Taglane what do you mean classic? Are you saying your gonna get like a 67 camaro? Nope, not me...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=78&pageNumber=1&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7cE-%7cM-_9_%7cD-_7634_%7cN-N%7cR-10000%7cI-1%2c7%7cP-PRICE+descending%7cQ-descending%7cZ-90001&aff=national&paId=300210394&recnum=74&leadExists=true

Now, if you look at this car, and the other one they are the SAME car but this one has 60 miles, and its $18k.

But if you only have $20,000 to spend on a first car?

Oh, btw....I dont really have my heart set on a "GM product" unless it comes from a different dealer...and i'm gonna ask a "Cobalt Community" what they think of it as a first car.

·
Resident GTO nutswinger
148 Posts
Those little buggers can be made to move. A tune, exhaust and intake and you're hanging with bolt-on f-bodies...so nothing to sneeze at.

If you don't mind the boyracer looks and most likely that stereotype from anyone but other boyracers, then go for it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

I can see how this is a "racerboy" type car...

The SS/TC doesnt scream that....it screams...

I will cannot buy a camaro its a sports car, my mom said no sports cars...The Cobalt has sports,street,and comfort all in one...

Ahh, lmfao....you think i'm going to put a big arse Apexi exhaust on it? I actually was planning to make it have dual exhaust....:D

Its awsome.

Pros and Cons of the Cobalt SS.

Pros: With alittle tune, and exhaust/intake it would be fast,Its under 20k almost new.

Cons: Rice, racerboyish, its a girls car?

·
Registered
172 Posts
hey Scotty,
I was also looking at the SS coupe (no big spoiler) but is there anyway to get a center console or armrest for it from the factory or GM parts store? I absolutely HATE that it doesn't have anything there. my friend has a SS/SC and its a sweet little car but I hate having to either keep my hand in my lap or on the shifter when I drive it. its not a relaxing ride for without that for some reason.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would probably take the camaro 6 over the cobalt too but a cobalt ss is an awesome second choice. The cars that thing beat out in handling tests are incredible. I considered one and I am 33.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
hey Scotty,
I was also looking at the SS coupe (no big spoiler) but is there anyway to get a center console or armrest for it from the factory or GM parts store? I absolutely HATE that it doesn't have anything there. my friend has a SS/SC and its a sweet little car but I hate having to either keep my hand in my lap or on the shifter when I drive it. its not a relaxing ride for without that for some reason.
You have to get the armrest through GM Accessories. Our '06 LS did not have one so that's what I did. HUGE difference and I wondered why in the world it took us so long to put one in.

I actually just sold the arm rest package to someone on CobaltSS.net for his SS/TC.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Those little buggers can be made to move. A tune, exhaust and intake and you're hanging with bolt-on f-bodies...so nothing to sneeze at.

If you don't mind the boyracer looks and most likely that stereotype from anyone but other boyracers, then go for it.
They are in the twelves with those simple bolt-ons, but they aren't trapping with an equivalent LS1 car... yet. Definitely a cool car, but as I mentioned I would just feel like a toolbag driving one. Maybe the sedan would be alright and it would surprise many people ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
You have to get the armrest through GM Accessories. Our '06 LS did not have one so that's what I did. HUGE difference and I wondered why in the world it took us so long to put one in.

I actually just sold the arm rest package to someone on CobaltSS.net for his SS/TC.
Does it fit with a five speed? if you look at the website for GM accessories, it says something about automatics only. I don't know why that would matter though.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Although I'm getting a little irritated by your blatant Ford advertising, here's my advice:
You need to get something 5 years or more old, that you won't have to make payments on, that is cheap and insurance won't rape you on (notice I didn't say reliable).

Buy a "classic" like a second gen camaro. It'll give you enough problems that you'll HAVE to learn something about cars, it'll probably be slow, insurance will be cheap, and it still has a cool factor.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts