Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We got two Cobalt Turbo SS's in - they are prizes for the two high school students who competed in Chevy's auto shop competition. Both sticker at about $24,400 - no lift shifts, LSD's, Sunroofs, Brembo, THESE CARS ARE HOT for the small price tag! AND they corner ALMOST as good as the Corvette! 260 HP....WOW

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Pretty darn good prizes to be winning.

I think the Cobalt has become a noticable player in the sport compact market. Since many young buyers are in this segment, GM has done a great job. IMO.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I would like one for a DD. I wouldn't want to associate with most of the owners though.

Why'd you get them from Criswell? They're right up the road from me and have a great "performance" dealership who also sells Lotus (used to sell Lamborghini as well).

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL Think they're going to flip when they have to pay income taxes on those things at the end of the year?

I like the wheels they're using on the SS's this year. Much better than the first couple of years. Wish I could drive one. We have a 4 door Cobalt here at work, and at 6'5" I can't even drive the damned thing.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I would like one for a DD. I wouldn't want to associate with most of the owners though.

Why'd you get them from Criswell? They're right up the road from me and have a great "performance" dealership who also sells Lotus (used to sell Lamborghini as well).
Since Chevy gave them as prizes, they yanked them from two different dealer inventories, and shipped them here in an enclosed trailer. We are the sponsoring dealer, so we will be doing the deliveries :roxor:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The two kids won the National Competition. Chevy told them if they complete a two year auto shop class, they would award these cars - well, it's GRADUATION time, so here they are. The car is actually impressive...but one of our guys that owns a supercharged model said it barely feels any faster. The intake could be improved, as well as the tubing in and out of the intercooler....very pliable, which can collapse & rob HP - found this out in another turbo car I owned ( a 2003 GTI)...But still, a nice prize. Now, if you don't like the wing, you can order a more laid back spoiler on the car. The seats are VERY cozy though! Me Likey.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
It's a nice looking car, and sounds like it handles really well. If I wasn't obsessed with the Camaro and V8 power, it might be an option.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I'd pimp one as a DD. **** Brembo's ona stock cobalt who would have guessed. It's got better brakes than my Z or GTO :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
^ hopefully that means GM wont cheap out or charge a hefty premium just becasue the V8 model Camaro is equipped with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts