Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 I put it on a lift and noticed there is a set of yellow spacers in the coil spring the first thing I thought is they are the shipping spacers but the dealer said they are supposed to be there? Any input ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Remove them but don't throw them away.

They were placed there by the factory for shipping purposes to allow the car to be loaded up a ramp without scraping the front spoiler lip.

They can be reused if you need a tow on a flat bed or if you need to drive up on car ramps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This happens a lot with the dealers...

Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)

During PDI, remove the spring spacers (Fig. 7) from the front suspension and place them in the glove box for the customer. If the car is to be on a trailer for any reason, the spacers need to be placed back in the front springs to obtain ground clearance.

TIP: Initially, the Camaro front spring spacers will be black. In April, they will be made yellow for easier visibility.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
BillyBobb

I have 2014 ZL1 great car, but I need to increase THE ROAD CLEARANCE as there are some over-sized speed bumps. Any suggestions? I am not sure is the front coil spring spacers provide enough height?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts