Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for a intake for my car but dont know what all the differences are. i do like the Vararam, how its straight lined into the throttle body. i like the thought of the ADM with the option to place the MAF in the airbox for the cooler temps. but ive never seen anyone say which ranks the best on preformance and true results.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Contact JRE, they tested them all and have all the data on them. One big factor is whether or not you plan to re-tune. If not, it narrows the field quite a bit....

Do a search here. There are several threads in which I have posted links to Ted's results....

·
Registered
897 Posts
The data JRE provided is great, it can be found by searching "cold air induction", but something to note, the Vararam tested is not the same vararam available now (the Super Street). I believe this to be newer on the market. I agree with you about the look of the Vararam, it will be the CAI that I'll be purchasing for my car in the next few weeks. It really depends on what you're going to do with your car and Hypurone is correct about the tune aspect.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Check out Cold Air Inductions CAI.... Couple Sponsors carry them, come in Aluminum and Black PowderCoat... I painted mine Black Metallic to go with everything else under the hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Spectre CAI

I`m running a Spectre CAI. It works great no complaints,especially for the price. I bought it from Jegs last year for $196. Now you can get it for $150. It`s worth a look. It even comes with a braided sleeve over the pcv hose. It`s a nice looking piece.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get the Halltech or the Roto Fab.

You will get heat soak from the Aluminum tube on the CAI intake. The coating is worthless, here is the proof. Inside the tube, outside the tube and the ambient temperature that night.

Attachments

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Which ever one you get they should all be better than the factory setup. You'll get opinions pointing you one way or the other 'cause that's what they have. Get with Ted @ Jannetty Racing as mentioned earlier. They've tested all sorts of cai's and have dyno results for each and can help you make an informed decision on your purchase. Ted is straight forward and tells is like it is. He's helped me quite a bit with my SS.

·
Registered
105 Posts
:thumbsup: for the JRE comparison test.

That's what made me go for the Cold Air Inductions and ADM Race Scoop

Double :thumbsup:for buying it from Ted along with a SCT-X3 and getting a tune in the deal! That man is nothing short of a genius!

·
Banned
100 Posts
Ive been looking for a intake for my car but dont know what all the differences are. i do like the Vararam, how its straight lined into the throttle body. i like the thought of the ADM with the option to place the MAF in the airbox for the cooler temps. but ive never seen anyone say which ranks the best on preformance and true results.
Here is a little bit of information on our intakes:

Cold Air Inductions, Inc. intake systems benefits:

: Tig welded aluminum air box (high luster finish reflects radiant heat)

: Insulated air box (this adding another layer of thermal (convection) protection)

: Aluminum lid with stainless steel ¼ turn fasteners (fast filter removal)

: Viewing window for fast easy filter inspection.

: High Luster ceramic coated intake tube (coated inside and out, yet another layer of thermal protection)

: Smooth bore (88.9 mm) intake tube construction (this minimizes bends and restrictions within the system)

: 8” V-stack air filter with built in velocity stack (helps reduce turbulence for truer MAF reading)

: 8 layer air filter (maximizing filtration for prolonged engine life

: LIFETIME WARRANTY

We have sold thousands of intakes, have thousands of happy customers, and incorporate design features that make our system a true Cold Air Intake. We see great #’s on the Dyno as well as the track, and can keep our intake temps within 2 degrees of ambient air due to our design features.

Check out these links as well:

Testimonials Video - Testimonials

3D Filter Video - CAI Filters In Action

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help!!

Check out Cold Air Inductions CAI.... Couple Sponsors carry them, come in Aluminum and Black PowderCoat... I painted mine Black Metallic to go with everything else under the hood.
Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc!

Get the Halltech or the Roto Fab.

You will get heat soak from the Aluminum tube on the CAI intake. The coating is worthless, here is the proof. Inside the tube, outside the tube and the ambient temperature that night.
No offense, but I wouldn't call that testing very accurate, for lots of reasons. Do some actual IAT data logging while you are driving the vehicle and your IAT's will be much lower. Typically they are within 2 degrees or so of ambient air.

:thumbsup: for the JRE comparison test.

That's what made me go for the Cold Air Inductions and ADM Race Scoop

Double :thumbsup:for buying it from Ted along with a SCT-X3 and getting a tune in the deal! That man is nothing short of a genius!
Thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed a CAI kit on my 2011 SS and all I can say is awesome! Simple install 15 minutes, great looking ,and the performance change, smoother and definitely more power! I also put a shift eliminator kit in and thank god that 1-4 crap is gone!Both were purchased from Maryland Speed and were worth every penny. I highly recommend both the CAI kit and the SLP skip shift kit!

·
8,984 Posts
Don't go Volante whatever you do.

·
8,984 Posts
CAI or LMR from what I have read.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Just installed a CAI kit on my 2011 SS and all I can say is awesome! Simple install 15 minutes, great looking ,and the performance change, smoother and definitely more power! I also put a shift eliminator kit in and thank god that 1-4 crap is gone!Both were purchased from Maryland Speed and were worth every penny. I highly recommend both the CAI kit and the SLP skip shift kit!
Awesome, glad to hear you are happy!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts