Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday starts the bowl season. While many are wrapped up in the NFL and its fantasy stuff, some of us are more die-hard college followers. Who will you be tuning into this year? Any particular way you hope to see things turn out?

I'll be attending the Citrus Bowl (Cap1 Bowl) to see my home team, PSU, play an [on paper] evenly-matched game against LSU.

In the BCS, I'd like to see TCU take out Boise, Oregon beat the smack out of Ohio State (I always like to see OSU lose), Cinci whoop Florida (not sure how it'll work without Kelly), and see the Tide roll the longhorns (our first away game is at Alabama next Fall).

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Saturday starts the bowl season. While many are wrapped up in the NFL and its fantasy stuff, some of us are more die-hard college followers. Who will you be tuning into this year? Any particular way you hope to see things turn out?

I'll be attending the Citrus Bowl (Cap1 Bowl) to see my home team, PSU, play an [on paper] evenly-matched game against LSU.

In the BCS, I'd like to see TCU take out Boise, Oregon beat the smack out of Ohio State (I always like to see OSU lose), Cinci whoop Florida (not sure how it'll work without Kelly), and see the Tide roll the longhorns (our first away game is at Alabama next Fall).
Even though I'm an SEC school guy (South Carolina), I'm rooting for Texas as well. Neither Alabama nor Saban are due for a(nother) national championship, IMHO.

My team ended up with the pizza bowl, but hopefully it turns out good.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
College football fans...

I, too, am a huge college football fan. As a loyal Longhorn supporter, I am looking for the Tide to go to an ebb rather then a flood!

Seriously though, I'll watch all the bowls that I get a chance to including those lesser bowl games. I'd much rather watch college than pro though in my late 20's to early 30's I thought that the pro game was where it was at. As I got older I realized that the college game is the better of the two. Though, as we move closer to a college playoff system I foresee it going the way of the pro game.

Texas Fight!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Sorry...I don't care about any of them. College football isn't all that big up here. Closest "big" football school is West Point/Army...and well, they pretty much suck.

Hot Stove baseball is a bigger topic here right now.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry...I don't care about any of them. College football isn't all that big up here. Closest "big" football school is West Point/Army...and well, they pretty much suck.

Hot Stove baseball is a bigger topic here right now.
While I'm not sure where you're located in New York, I will assume basketball is the more popular college sport.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
While I'm not sure where you're located in New York, I will assume basketball is the more popular college sport.
I'm an hour north of NYC...so YES...although I HATE basketball, more people around here seem to get into it especially around tournament time.

The local newspaper has more coverage of what Ray Rice and Ryan Grant are doing (both local guys) than college football coverage.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
the only game i car about is the Independence Bowl where Texas A&M will lay the smackdown on Georgia!!!

As for the BCS Championship game... being a devout Aggie i won't route for the Longhorns... instead i'm routing for the referees because they never lose!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts