Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Black, definitely. My first love when I was a teenager was a black '69 SS.
You never forget your first love.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver. Because black is harder than sh*t to keep clean. And in the hot TX sun silver reflects more heat.

Nice....did not think about the heat reflection. Here in Mississippi, I know what ya mean about the heat :angry: Lived here all my life and one can never get used to the humidity and heat.

Yep my Black Yukon that I am trading in is tough to keep clean.

I have of course the 2SS RS SIM on order but have often went back and forth with myself on these two colors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My opinion probably won't be too popular.

When I saw the Camaro in person, I really didn't care for it. And some colors like yellow made it downright repulsive to me. Then I saw one up close in silver. It was stunning and made it look like a completely different car from the others I saw.

The fact that silver is probably the easiest color to keep looking clean and great for not retaining heat is an added bonus. That being said, I think black with the red stripes look pretty good also. However, I was very surprised by how flimsy the decals were when I felt them. I don't think they would last very long.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Of the two colors, I'd choose the Silver Ice Metallic. Nice base color and it would work with a variety of different rally stripe colors. I, personally, am leaning to the Cyber Gray Metallic, and will be adding painted-on Gloss Black rally stripes. CGM is slotted perfectly between the silver and black. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Silver. Because black is harder than sh*t to keep clean. And in the hot TX sun silver reflects more heat.
Which is why it has a remote start! :lol:

Seriously though, I live in Texas as well and I just ordered last week an all black Camaro. Yes it's going to be hard to keep clean and yes it will be hot for 11 months out of the year here in texas... But I don't mind washing something as beautiful as the Camaro. Plus after about 3 or so minutes the heat on the inside won't be an issue.

I say go with what you want, black looks awsome and I can't wait for mine to come in. I was at dinner just now, sitting by a window with my family and a Black Camaro pulled right in. Sooo awsome, and it looks even better at night!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anyone catch the Iowa - Nationwide race today? At the Iowa Speedway today the pace car was the 2010 Camaro 2SS, Black! The race may be on ESPN Classic Channel tomarrow, may be.

·
8,984 Posts
I am sorry, but that is such BS! I drive a BLACK CTS and as long as you wash it regularly and wax it, it looks nice.

As far as the heat, don't park in the sun and crack your windows.

Quit being a PooNanny.

An on to the question.

Black because it is BAD A55!

Silver, so you never have to wash it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Seriously though, I live in Texas as well and I just ordered last week an all black Camaro. Yes it's going to be hard to keep clean and yes it will be hot for 11 months out of the year here in texas... But I don't mind washing something as beautiful as the Camaro. Plus after about 3 or so minutes the heat on the inside won't be an issue.

I say go with what you want, black looks awsome and I can't wait for mine to come in. I was at dinner just now, sitting by a window with my family and a Black Camaro pulled right in. Sooo awsome, and it looks even better at night!
More power too you bro! I owned a Black 2001 WS1 Trans AM in TX. Swore I'd never own another black car again! But I have to admit, when kept clean, ain't nothin' better looking than black!

·
Registered
76 Posts
i personally dont like the silver on the camaro.. it doesnt make it look as sharp as other colors do. I love the black and was set on it but then decided against it because of how tough it is to keep it clean, how easy it is to see swirl marks, and if theres any small scratches, they show too. All in all you can say that youd clean the car all the time but the fact is eventually your not going to be waxing the car every day of your life especially if its your every day driver.. so i picked the ABM.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i personally dont like the silver on the camaro.. it doesnt make it look as sharp as other colors do. I love the black and was set on it but then decided against it because of how tough it is to keep it clean, how easy it is to see swirl marks, and if theres any small scratches, they show too. All in all you can say that youd clean the car all the time but the fact is eventually your not going to be waxing the car every day of your life especially if its your every day driver.. so i picked the ABM.
i have the same opinion on silver. everytime ive ever looked at a silver car it just looks too bland. no real qualities to that color that pop.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts