Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a CRKT Wild Weasel assisted opening knife some years ago. It was good, until one day the spring broke. I thought, "No big deal, it's American made and has a lifetime warranty" and arranged to send it in for repair. "No can do" I was told by CRKT, but we'll give you full retail credit for anything from our catalog." I thought "Cool" and when the catalog arrived I ordered a Notorious assisted folder. It arrived. It was so stiff that I almost tore the skin off my thumb trying to open it. Looking at the box, it's made in China. Figures. That explains why the angles on the mechanism are so crooked they look like they were done by a drunk monkey with a file. I contacted CRKT again, and explained the defect. After telling my how to press on a thumb stud to open the knife :rolleyes:, I got instructions to ship the defective knife back. I told them I'd rather have my knife with the broken spring back like I asked when I found out the wouldn't repair it At least I could use it, and if that wasn't possible, I wanted a refund. What good is a lifetime warranty when they replace it with a piece of crap when it needs a part? All it needed was a new spring, and it screws together. How hard could that have been?

The company is CRKT.

Columbia River Knife and Tool, and I will never buy another product of theirs again.

Piece of garbage company.

Don't buy their crap. They obviously care nothing for quality.

Kershaw here I come. American made.

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Believe me, the quality of workmanship on this knife is awful. The angle where the blade rests against the spring is far too steep, and nowhere near true, making it all but impossible to open. I doubt there's a parallel mating surface anywhere near the spring mating surfaces. The edge looks like it was done on a belt sander, and the liner lock mates with a crooked bevel against the base of the blade.

What a piece of crap. The design looks sound, and probably would have been a really nice knife, but poor quality control in that third world toilet China ruined this knife.

They replaced a $130 American made knife that was butter smooth and fast with this? Some warranty.
They USED to make good stuff, now all they do is resell Chinese crap.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I've had 2 CRKT M16-series knives and I love them. I lost the first one so I immediately bought another. It's flawless and does everything I ask of it. Plus they have an awesome support system..if you lose any screws/clips/etc. you can order them online for free and have them shipped for free. I messed up the clip on my old one and had another one in a week or two.

Then again..it was a $50 knife I paid $16 for. But I <3 it. Best pocket knives I've ever had.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts