Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried the competitive mode today and i cant get it to work.
The RPM keep going over 4500. The only thing i can think of is How fast do you have to put the pedlae to the floor???

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Try holding down the button on the console for 7 seconds and both lights will come on then look out, your in charge and no computer to cover your backside. No traction control and no stability control .....called the seven second mode from hell.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I just tap the button twice (quickly) from normal on position and then the DIC tells me I'm in competitive mode, don't they all work the same????

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tap the traction button twice
Step on the clutch and put it in to first gear
Holding the clutch down with the car engaged in first gear step on the accelerator all the way down and the engine will rev all the way to 4400 rpm

And then uncle tom to ground control here we go:lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i tried it again and hit the button twice and the light came on. I thinking i'm just not hitting the gas fast enough. Or does it matter ???

·
Registered
358 Posts
First of all, stick or auto?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Tap the traction button twice
Step on the clutch and put it in to first gear
Holding the clutch down with the car engaged in first gear step on the accelerator all the way down and the engine will rev all the way to 4400 rpm

And then uncle tom to ground control here we go:lol:
:agree:

That's the way I've always read it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The owners manual does not mention the transmission in the StabiliTrac or Traction Control sections so it should be the same but… there is a video out there where a guy demonstrates “launch control”. It looks just like traction control to me. He said there is a zero load rpm setting in the ECM and it sounds to me that is what you are seeing when you cannot rev above 4400 or so. You cannot over ride this. My opinion this is to prevent damage to the drive train by drunken idiots.
I have an auto and I hit the button once and Traction control is off. I hit it again and traction control is on and StabiliTrac is off. I hold it for 7 or 8 sec and both are off. Hang on. Like LS3Power said,you can be sideways before you can say holy Schmidt. Competetive Mode just means that StabiliTrac is off.
When we get snow I turn them off and do the most perfect donuts ever. You need snow tires for that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As stated, there are two different modes:

1) Launch Control: Hold the button down for 7 seconds at startup. There are some restrictions (have to be stopped, wheels straight ahead, etc.), but if it lets you get in, you can floor the throttle with the clutch in, and it should rev to about 4200. Then, when you pop the clutch, you're on your way. It's meant to have the computer limit wheel spin while giving max acceleration.

2) Competitive mode: Hit the button twice, and it turns off stabilitrak and traction control. You can switch into this mode at anytime, but it doesn't try to limit wheel spin with computer. It's all up to you as to how much you want to spin your wheels.

That's the way I understand the two modes, but I have never actually tried launch control.
t

·
Registered
346 Posts
In addition to the post above... Hold down the button (without turning on stabili-track or switching to traction control)

Both T/C and Stabilitrak should now be off

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep, most gm by my understanding (least corvettes i hear).

Definately fun. Probably not healthy for my tires. :gears:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts