Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long Story Short,

If I want to stay in my home and commute to college, my parents are making me get a FWD/4x4 vehicle. I already played the snow tires/sand bags/I'm an adult I can buy what I want defense, but I'm not getting kicked out and having to pay rent somewhere else. ;)

Basically I need something to get me to college this fall. They want to pitch in and help me get a "newer" vehicle. I do see where they are coming from, and I at the same time, I should have a good dependable car...right now, my Camaro is a cursed SOB. :lol:

I don't like too many FWD cars, and I don't like trucks or suvs too much. I do appreciate their help and insight but I am very picky when it comes to cars.

I don't know if they are serious or not, but this is like castration...seriously.

Discuss.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have to go with what's practical, When I buy my Camaro up it will be used only in nice weather in the summer and off the road in the winter, I can't see driving this car in the winter with all the snow we get here in the northeast.

Thats the problem with kids these days want everything this minute and don't use their heads.

I can say this having 3 teenagers of my own.

Don't worry man, get that education first and all the good things in life come in time.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 RWD cars and I can drive them fine in snow.

All the FWD cars I like are sorta old, they will never go for it.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Find a cheap Daily Driver and keep saving up for the Camaro on the side.

I own a 99 Grand Am I bought years ago as a daily driver that has been totally reliable.. Find yourself a make and model that will do the task.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Long Story Short,

If I want to stay in my home and commute to college, my parents are making me get a FWD/4x4 vehicle. I already played the snow tires/sand bags/I'm an adult I can buy what I want defense, but I'm not getting kicked out and having to pay rent somewhere else. ;)

Basically I need something to get me to college this fall. They want to pitch in and help me get a "newer" vehicle. I do see where they are coming from, and I at the same time, I should have a good dependable car...right now, my Camaro is a cursed SOB. :lol:

I don't like too many FWD cars, and I don't like trucks or suvs too much. I do appreciate their help and insight but I am very picky when it comes to cars.

I don't know if they are serious or not, but this is like castration...seriously.

Discuss.
Get a dependable FWD ride and go with it for now :D

BTW - saying Discuss on a forum is kind of redundant isn't it? :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am with you, I prefer RWD vehicle anyday in the snow or 4WD but if you bought a 2010 would you drive it in the snow? with all the salt and sand they use up here?

Get yourself a small SUV with 4WD or AWD, my commuter car sits in my garage when it snows and I drive my GMC Sierra into work. Thats the bad part about living in the northeast the weather limits what you drive.

Goood Luck !

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I say get an old Chevy Blazer for your commuter car

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
This may sound weird coming from me, but the 2005+ Kia Spectra is frickin awesome. We took one to Magalia,CA a few weeks ago, and it was awesome in the snow. went at it like it was awd. Surprising.

edit:
omg I'm recommending a Korean car.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
This may sound weird coming from me, but the 2005+ Kia Spectra is frickin awesome. We took one to Magalia,CA a few weeks ago, and it was awesome in the snow. went at it like it was awd. Surprising.

edit:
omg I'm recommending a Korean car.
:eek: the only thing i like coming from Korea is the LG brand

·
8,984 Posts
complain, complain. How is this even a Dilema? are they making u get rid of your other cars? if not just suck it up.
Kids these days have a problem with that.

Did you get the package?

·
Registered
897 Posts
hard decision...
go for a jeep wrangler or FJ crusier :)
water, nor snow wouldnt stop them and you can even go off road :)
thats would i do if i were you but i dont know if you like those trucks

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I wonder what people did before the front wheel drive era, I guess everyone just stayed home.

Don't buy any foreign junk

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I really don't see this as a bad thing...most of us would be happy if we didn't have the drive our Camaro's in the snow.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
We're very happy with our TrailBlazer with our commute from DC to Pittsburgh. Since you won't need something that new, I'd go with an older S-Series Blazer. They are cheap and plentiful. If something breaks, you know the parts are cheap and abundant, not to mention you'll have room to throw stuff in for traveling and also buying go-fast car parts for your Camaro!

If you're not brand-loyal, check out the 97+ Wrangler.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts