Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I got that a few times...I updated my video card drivers and I haven't seen it since. You should be able to go to dell and see if there updated drivers, bios etc for it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well you know how Microsoft's xbox 360 has the RCOD (Red circle of death) this is the computer version ... Also know as the blue screen of death... best of luck!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the second time I've got a blue screen. After I first bought this laptop, I got the one posted below (about three years ago). I know everyone defaults to the BSOD, but it appears they aren't all the same - but I still don't know what actually causes it. The one below was supposedly some sort of driver thing. I'm not computer savvy, so someone else figured it out :lol:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I can fix this (or at least tell you the cause), but I need more info...

When did you get the error?

Does it happen all the time? If not can you reproduce it?

What model Dell is this?

-Brad

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I can fix this (or at least tell you the cause), but I need more info...

When did you get the error?

Does it happen all the time? If not can you reproduce it?

What model Dell is this?

-Brad
he said this is the 3rd time

it is a DELL inspiron e1505????

·
Registered
470 Posts
he said this is the 3rd time

it is a DELL inspiron e1505????
I could see the Dell Inspiron, figured I'd double check...

The 3rd time in a day, in an hour, ever...

I don't like assuming, I'll just wait for Mr. Demonspeed to reply...

-B

·
Registered
470 Posts
The blue-screen tells you that the STOP condition was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and references portcls.sys.

It's highly likely that this is a corrupt or out-of-date audio driver.
That is the message in the 2nd blue screen, which was from a few years ago if I read the post correctly...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well your first error of:
0x000000F4 is a result of Hard Drive issue..
Was it coming out of Stand By or screen saver when you got this first error?
A computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP or a later operating system stops responding during resume from standby, and you receive one of the following stop error messages:

0x0000007a (e163a3e4,c000000e,bf8e9313,0697f860

0x000000F4 (0x00000003, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)

Your Second error of:
0x000000D1 is multiple reasons... please explain when how this happened? Did the Laptop come out of stand by? Did you remove the Ac power and let it run from battery?
Due to it pointing to the portcls.sys... it is 99% to be the Audio Driver.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
how about this one guys...my system (XP pro-sp2) sometimes freezes up on the XP welcome screen (yeah, that's a good place). I'd say about once a week. I just hit the reset button and it's fine. Any ideas? (sorry to thread-jack).

·
Registered
159 Posts
how about this one guys...my system (XP pro-sp2) sometimes freezes up on the XP welcome screen (yeah, that's a good place). I'd say about once a week. I just hit the reset button and it's fine. Any ideas? (sorry to thread-jack).
Can be a number of things... Slight over heating, Hardware or software issues.. or your XP services are locking up when they start.

Do you have the Login screen turned on? or does it just boot straight up to Desktop?

EDIT: Could also be corrupt windows files, thus needing a repair install.. if a chkdsk /r doesn't help.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Can be a number of things... Slight over heating, Hardware or software issues.. or your XP services are locking up when they start.

Do you have the Login screen turned on? or does it just boot straight up to Desktop?
It happens when I first turn it on in the morning. Yes, login screen. I have most (if not all) of the non-essential services turned off (maybe something's turned off that shouldn't be?). This is on a video-editing workstation...it's not even hooked up to the internet. Other than that, it's rock solid...works perfectly.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, my thread blew up over the afternoon.

Anyway, when the first blue screen happens, it's usually after the computer has been on for a couple days. I only turn it off like once a week or so. It would happen when I'd just be browsing the internet or using word or whatever. The system would just start acting really slow and then it'd freeze and the screen would pop up. I would say it happened three times over the course of a few weeks.

The second screen I posted would pop up any time I would play anything with audio. Not youtube type of stuff, but anything that ran off the computer (games, dvd, etc). I downloaded updated drivers at the time (remember, this was three years ago), but every so often, it will pop back up.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow, my thread blew up over the afternoon.

Anyway, when the first blue screen happens, it's usually after the computer has been on for a couple days. I only turn it off like once a week or so. It would happen when I'd just be browsing the internet or using word or whatever. The system would just start acting really slow and then it'd freeze and the screen would pop up. I would say it happened three times over the course of a few weeks.

The second screen I posted would pop up any time I would play anything with audio. Not youtube type of stuff, but anything that ran off the computer (games, dvd, etc). I downloaded updated drivers at the time (remember, this was three years ago), but every so often, it will pop back up.
Blue screen #2 is Audio issue... I'd just keep checking updates for it and keep on trucking..

The first blue screen is Hard Drive issues... have you run a chkdsk /r ? If not I'd suggest doing so, it can only help. It could also lead to show Pagefile issues ...

- Do us a major favor and check your event viewer and post a screen shot of as much of it as possible.
Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in. In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know what chkdsk/r is. Like I said, I'm not technically savvy.

Another stupid question - how can I post the screen shot? I forget how to do it online. All I know is the "print screen" and cntrl-V to paste it into word.

It did say that application section was corrupt...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts