Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any concerns for the first year bugs with this car. Im pretty close to going down to my dealer and ordering the 1SS black with white stripes, I am however concerned that there will be first year issues. Part of me believes this isnt going to happen becuase they took thier time with the car so it is right, right out the gate. I really dont want to wait, I have been nuts for this car since the leaked photos appeared a few years back. I have almost every publication that even mentioned the car not to mention the special edition posters (framed in the garage). It will match perfectly with my Trailblazer SS and my 69 Camaro also both in black,,, My concern comes from the fact that We are basically buying a car we cant drive or see first, although it should be similar to the 05 goat I had and that was a sick car. any opinions would be greatly appreciated
Plus any idea of my wait time if I order now?

some pics from KC auto show,

·
8,984 Posts
None whatsoever.

This has been asked at least three times this year.

Still none whatsoever.

(I still have my fingers crossed.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I for one am going to wait, I did see a post with fit and finish issue on Hendricks car, and if it was me spending 300k on that car I would be pissed,But then again whats 300K to Rick Hendrick.

Will wait it out and watch the forums for issues

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Anyone have any concerns for the first year bugs with this car. Im pretty close to going down to my dealer and ordering the 1SS black with white stripes, I am however concerned that there will be first year issues. Part of me believes this isnt going to happen becuase they took thier time with the car so it is right, right out the gate. I really dont want to wait, I have been nuts for this car since the leaked photos appeared a few years back. I have almost every publication that even mentioned the car not to mention the special edition posters (framed in the garage). It will match perfectly with my Trailblazer SS and my 69 Camaro also both in black,,, My concern comes from the fact that We are basically buying a car we cant drive or see first, although it should be similar to the 05 goat I had and that was a sick car. any opinions would be greatly appreciated
Plus any idea of my wait time if I order now?

some pics from KC auto show,

just dont buy a car built on a monday or a friday lol....i feel bad for all you who's cars where built on monday....or today :lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Been there and done that and won't do it again. I got one of the first SSR's and it had so many bugs it drove me insane. Great fun ride, but it spent a lot of time at the dealer. It is not just GM either. Bugs are a given with any first year model but you can be assured they will be covered under warranty. One of the main reasons I would wait is that they offer so many other cool options shortly after the first year or two. The prices also get lower after a year or two after the anxious ones have filled the void.:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
1st year bugs

In my eternally optomistc mind, General Motors can not risk having this car start life with a bad reputation. The second question people are likely to ask after "how do you like your new Camaro" will be "have you had any trouble". GM knows this and knows that it would cost them untold sales if the answer to that question is a chorus of yesses. Us enthusiasts that have owned many Camaros and ordered on 10/13/08 are not the people that GM needs to stay in buisness. They need the young adult down the street that is deciding between a Toyondazkida and a Camaro. It would be financial suicide for them to release a problematic car. I am voting with my wallet and am impatiently awaiting my 1SS auto, Boston Accoustics, Polished wheeled beauty that I ordered on 10/13/08. I am now driving a 2002 SS.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I for one am going to wait, I did see a post with fit and finish issue on Hendricks car, and if it was me spending 300k on that car I would be pissed,But then again whats 300K to Rick Hendrick.

Lets not do this again.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Anyone have any concerns for the first year bugs with this car. Im pretty close to going down to my dealer and ordering the 1SS black with white stripes, I am however concerned that there will be first year issues.
NONE! I bought a first year Impala that I am pretty sure came from the same plant and it was the BEST CAR I have ever owned.

-Brad

·
Registered
470 Posts

Don't you listen to Camaro Scotty?
:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I bought a first-year GTO but it was based on the seasoned Holden Monaro so that was a different situation. My intent with the Camaro is to do no mods for the first year or so (give or take) to cover first-year blues. I'm thinking about an issue such as (and I'm making this up, of course) the flywheel bolts aren't torqued properly from the factory and my world explodes before GM realizes the problem & issues a TSP. If I've swapped cams, I may have a problem but if it is stock, I shouldn't.

I expect there to be things in things on the '10 that get changed for '11 (or mid-year) and I know that some of them will be things that do not get changed retroactively but that is just a consequence of getting an early model. Personally, I'd rather have the car sooner rather than wait for future improvements (just as I'd rather have it sooner than wait to see if I can get it for significantly less in 16 months.) This has to be an individual analysis, though.

My longer plan is to do cam & headers (and maybe ported heads?) after about a year and then a Pedders set-up shortly after that (and maybe a gear swap thrown in somewhere along the line...)

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
And let it be known, the FIRST YEAR MODEL MALIBU (2008) was the Consumer Reports car of the year, by having the LEAST amount of warranty repairs of ANY CAR MANUFACTURER!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

Nothing against the Camaro...but it's not like he was buying a 300K car. And in reality, it's a tax write off for him and he's using the car for publicity. Plus I'm sure he'll end up auctioning to off years from now and making $$ off it.

As for the thread topic...I'm optimistic that build quality will be good. Hopefully no major issues. There's always some bugs and hopefully they've already gotten worked out.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
And Rick Hendrick Chevy told me personally that if anyone wants to question the quality on Ricks cars, come see them May 6th at the dealership. Final QA was NOT done, nor did he "take delivery". The event was for him to drive it off the production line. The cars will get the final go over, and get prepped for shipping to his dealership.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i'm not worried. no car is ever perfect even after it's been in production for years... but with my past experience with GM, any probems i've had on a new car (and yes, even first year cars) have been very minimal and nothing that wasn't fixed in a day at the dealer :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts