Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need help..i went to my local dealership and i asked them what the out the door price would be on a 1LT RS package..and they said it would be about 30 thou....would that be right? cuz i know without the RS package it would be 26..so would that be the msrp? im just really confused..did they add the dealership tax and what not? im really confused and i dont want get taken advantage of..thank you guys:confused::confused:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Look at the window sticker, that should be msrp. Build it on chevrolet.com, with all the trimings they have on it (sunroof, RS package, C&C, etc etc) then, compare the price. Add your states sales tax, see if thats what they quoted you. Also don't forget to add in about 500ish for dealer fees, plates / reg.

Thats a really rough low down of what you should do. imo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Build it on chevrolet.com/camaro with the same options and it will show you what MSRP is. Then just ask them to break down where they came up with the $30k. Destination Freight Charges are also built into the MSRP price, some dealers try to add it in a second time to get an extra $500 to $750 out of you.

A 1LT with polished wheels and RS package should be closer to $27,000. Either it has more options or they are jacking up the price by $3k. If it includes taxes then they are still about $1k over what they should be as taxes shouldnt be more then $2k on $27,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts