Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a while back and thought it might be helpful for those that would like stripes or other paintwork on there 2010, but don't know if they would like it, want to try different looks, or just would like different stripes for different occasions.

I tried some of that Car Art paint and I did a manta on my hood. I waxed it right before appling the paint. It took one can to do the hood. It is rubberish when it dries, but you can wipe it off with your finger, but water does not wash it off. Its kinda like dry erase marker sorta. it wipes off with a cloth. The paint comes out as a flat metalic looking finish. I ended up not really liking the look on the car. Here are the results.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Ewww if you're going to get stripes get legit stripes.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's a nice product. It's Car Art paint, and it's made by Duplicolor. Be sure to follow the instructions. Like brandonppr stated, it can be used to test out ideas one might have. You can spray on the design you like and see if it works for you. If it doesn't, just wash it off and re-wax you ride. Cheaper than buying vinyl over and over, and you get a better look than mocking it up with masking tape. I know Checker/O'Reilly Auto Parts used to carry it. Just a thought. ;)

·
8,984 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts