Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely hideous..to the point where I kinda wish they didnt make it, or at least changed the point of how far back the convertible top goes. Its sooo bad I wont even post a pic. ****ing nasty.:mad::mad::(

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Sorry Trollboy, not taking the bait. ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you seen it with the top up?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

The roof has nasty looking ribs...looks 50ft long and makes the car look 500ft long. They should of went with a retracting hard top IMO.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Not everyone feels the same. personally, i am not a fan or any convertible top, unless its a hard top vert. look at what chevy had to work with and heres the finished product. I think it looks ok. could they have done it differently, maybe, I dont know for sure, and I am not a car designer. It is a relatively big car so i dont think they could have a small top. Either way tho I am sure this is the best design they could come up with while keeping costs as low as possible. just .02 from me

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I think they could have done something about the "RIBS" not sticking out so much but all in all it dont look too bad...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I like the look of Verts when the top is down but personally would never own one, just tooo Easy for some one to cut it out of Jealousy or tempting for the Criminal Element to Steal something... That's just my Opinion, not that it matters much...

·
Registered
720 Posts
i think it looks waay better than the 4th gen convertibles.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Rod is not a Troll at all.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
"Everyone" is intitled to thier own opinion without name calling or foul remarks.
We are all here for one reason and are adults, and most of all "Friends" IMO;)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Rodimus is absolutely 100% correct. I, too agree that the convertible top is hideous while it is up. I think GM cut so many corners trying to fit a square peg into a round hole on this one. Honestly, I don't believe the Camaro was ever truly designed with a convertible version in mind. Looks like it was more of an afterthought if you ask me (which I know nobody has). :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dont get me wrong, top down it looks badass. I just feel they didnt give it their all to make it look good up. Hence we never really saw pictures with the top up until now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't mind it. As far as ragtops go, I think it's great. The only way I could see to improve it would be to make it a hardtop. We don't need a 4500# Camaro though. :D It would be a great non daily driver car. The top would be down most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Who drives their vert with the top up? When I had a convertible, I could go months without ever putting it up. Of course I had a garage to park in so I guess that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Not everyone feels the same. personally, i am not a fan or any convertible top, unless its a hard top vert. look at what chevy had to work with and heres the finished product. I think it looks ok. could they have done it differently, maybe, I dont know for sure, and I am not a car designer. It is a relatively big car so i dont think they could have a small top. Either way tho I am sure this is the best design they could come up with while keeping costs as low as possible. just .02 from me
My exact thoughts. I hate soft tops period.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Well, if your intent wasn't to troll, you have my apologies. It just felt like you were trying to incite us 'vert guys into a little word war :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I agree to a point, it doesn't look as good as the coupe with the top up, but I don't agree that it's ugly, just less attractive.

I do wish they could've hidden the 'ribs' better and of course a hard top 'vert, while much more attractive, probably couldn't be done for a reasonable price on a car this size.

Tib

1 - 20 of 72 Posts