Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love it when you have been driving your car for a while and then you find some new feature, that maybe isn't really cool, but the fact that it took you so long to find it makes it that much better.

Here are 2 features that I found recently on my Camaro that were new to me and I didn't notice them on other GM cars previously...

1. If you turn off your car while the wind shield wipers are going and they stop in the up position, if you move the lever to off before you open the door, the wipers will go down.

2. If you just tap the turn signal slightly for one blink as if you are changing lanes and don't click it all the way on, it will flash 3 times before turning off.

That's all I got so far...is this old news? Did you guys know about these? Find any other cool ones?

I love my car. :5go: (<- Tim, fix background color on last frame, not transparent, it bugs me)

-Brad

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
The first night I had it the mirrors (especially the side mirrors) really surprised me that they automatically dimmed...yea I know everyone probably knew that, but I didn't lol

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The first night I had it the mirrors (especially the side mirrors) really surprised me that they automatically dimmed...yea I know everyone probably knew that, but I didn't lol
Now those big Texas trucks can shine their lights in my drivers side mirror all they want, all I'll do is yawn at them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wiper thing is pretty much a given since the electical system stays on until you open the door. Ever notice that your radio stays on until you open the door? Same thing.
Nope, my other GM cars the wipers do not function once the key is turned off from the 'On' position. The entire electrical system does not stay running, only the radio and windows usually.

-Brad

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Has any figured out the best way to just "crack" a window open? Or, are you like me, playing "chase the window up and down" trying to get it to just open, say, 1/2"... :eek:

On my Mazda CX-7, I could just "pop" the window button and it would open about 1/2"...if I wanted to do an "Auto Open", I would hold the button for about a second and it would open all the way... (or, maybe it was the opposite technique, I can't remember)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Has any figured out the best way to just "crack" a window open? Or, are you like me, playing "chase the window up and down" trying to get it to just open, say, 1/2"... :eek:

On my Mazda CX-7, I could just "pop" the window button and it would open about 1/2"...if I wanted to do an "Auto Open", I would hold the button for about a second and it would open all the way... (or, maybe it was the opposite technique, I can't remember)
quick poke...but if you hold it too long you're chasing. So just to be safe, it's quick poke...get finger in the quick pull position. It's finger training, kinda like typing. LOL. But then you have those days where you have lead finger...oh well :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I don't think its any secret but I have never had it on a car so I will mention it any way. How about that bluetooth! LOL I love it completely hands free and voice dialing that actually understands you(with the windows up anyway).

·
Registered
328 Posts
I learned the window trick from another thread on here. The switches have 2 positions, most people press to hard and go right to the express position.
At least I did anyway! Press (or pull) really lightly and it will go up or down normally. Press harder and viola, express! I still press too hard all the time and have to "catch" the window. I just can't seem to get used to it.:p

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, that bluetooth is great. I have dailed a number on my cell and the car see's it, and shows the number your dailing on the radio screen. That is sweet. From what I understand, the car will detect if a taillight is out and tell you. It cuts out the mechanic that use to troubleshoot electrical on vehicles. Now you will have computer tech's at Chevy. My one dog won't go in the garage where I have my Camaro now.

Well I don't think its any secret but I have never had it on a car so I will mention it any way. How about that bluetooth! LOL I love it completely hands free and voice dialing that actually understands you(with the windows up anyway).

·
Registered
746 Posts
Mine has the "instant head turner feature", I dont know how much i paid extra for it, I didnt see it on the invoice. Basically its a feature that when I pass another car, or get passed by another car, the driver, passenger, or sometimes both have an instant urge to turn there head and look, sometimes it includes a wave, thumbs up,head nod or other things. Great feature to have!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Mine has the "instant head turner feature", I dont know how much i paid extra for it, I didnt see it on the invoice. Basically its a feature that when I pass another car, or get passed by another car, the driver, passenger, or sometimes both have an instant urge to turn there head and look, sometimes it includes a wave, thumbs up,head nod or other things. Great feature to have!
yup...that's a nice feature. Personally, my favorite is the floor-gas-car-go feature. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
haha nice. This morning the guy driving the street cleaner truck stopped, shut it down and asked if he could look at the car. :lol: If it was something cooler like a Zamboni I might have traded keys for a few laps. :lol:

·
Registered
232 Posts
How about the "let me grab my cell phone and take a picture of your Camaro" feature?

Happened to me while sitting in my call several times already. People just whip out there cell phone and snap!

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Or the motorcycle police officer just itching to write the first ticket to a new Camaro...:lol: Honest to goodness one told me this.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts