Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealer today to return a SST that I borrowed from their body shop and thought you guys might like to see the Victory Red COPO Camaro that Sexton Chevrolet in Harriman, TN has sitting in their showroom. The guy that ordered it backed out on the sale and they have it as inventory for sale if anyone would like to go by and see it.

This is #39 of the 69 cars that will be built for 2013.

The fender stripe is different than the photos I have seen of the COPO cars.

An interior that is all business, ready for the track.

Serious restraints and seats with rear seat delete.

Serious tires to handle the power.

Fuel cell in the bare bones trunk.

Close-up of the shifter

Here is what you have been wanting to see.

The proud engine builder.

Heritage Grill from the start.

And lastly, the only tunes you are going to hear is the engine.

I sure would like to take this bad boy for a test drive. Check it out if you are in the area.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
807 Posts
nice man...!
Thanx for sharing...!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Price, Nice...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suggested retail is $110,000. Since they are stuck with the car after the original buyer that ordered the car backed out, that price may have wiggle room.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Thanks for the great pictures, never seen one up close.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Very nice!!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Sick........ Freaking sick!! My only issue.... You can never legally license them. I wouldn't own a car I could drive on the street.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The '69 COPO was street legal, I spoke to the finance manager about the added appeal of the car if it was only street legal. I agree that if it had been street legal, the lure of owning one of only 69 cars would be very attractive to those that could afford it for an investment that you can also enjoy. As is, it is a full out race car that cannot be driven on the street. Still, I would love to have the excess funds to buy it and occasionally run down the strip.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Sick........ Freaking sick!! My only issue.... You can never legally license them. I wouldn't own a car I could drive on the street.
I think you need the edit button ... "I wouldn't own a car I COULD drive on the street" lol ... Jade is street legal right? You own her.

My issue is no halo's lol ... if it had the RS package I'd buy two ... ya right ... mega millions, help me out :)

Reactions: patriotpa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very nice. I like the changes on the 2013's compared to the 2012 cars. The exterior stripe package looks better, the engine options are better (no superchargers), the dash looks better without the HVAC controls, and the minor suspension mods help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Though I don't have any direct photos of the car, it's likely that I was at the COPO Build Center while that car was being built a few weeks ago.

Here's some pictures I took at the COPO build center -- if anyone ends up buying the car from here based on finding this thread, maybe they'll enjoy the pics seeing where their car was built. :D

2013 Camaro Superfest - COPO Build Center

·
Registered
90 Posts
The red one in the picture might be mine. I picked it up on 7/19/13. The car was completed around 7/9, and the original purchaser was not able to buy it. My car is #60 and is a red 427 AT with Black graphics. Only way of knowing is if you would have looked at the serial number.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
That is absolutely beautiful, piece of art work. I wonder how they would warranty that :lol:

We saw several copos racing at Norwalk, Ohio last year, very impressive on the track. They held there own, wish I had the money to get one. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts