Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DigitalCorvettes is reporting a rumor that production on the Corvette ZR1, Chevy's new super car we just drove a month or so ago, has been halted at the Bowling Green Corvette plant. We knew the Corvette plant was on shutdown this week, but we fully expected the plant to resume production next week. Digital Corvettes is now reporting that's now not the case. We've got no evidence to substantiate this rumor other than what the Corvette-lovers over at DigitalCorvettes are reporting. To be fair, we can't believe this is true, and we've put in a call to Chevy PR to confirm or deny the rumor. We expect to hear back from them by the morning at the latest. Full rumor report below the jump:

FACTS

1. ZR1 production has been halted at Bowling Green despite orders to fill.
2. There is nothing wrong with the ZR1 itself. No production line issues that warrant it being stopped.
3. There is no official word from GM yet. Key word, 'official'. But, there is 'word' and we are hearing it.

INFO COMING IN

1. The ZR1 model itself may be on the chopping block, or has already been cancelled.
2. GM is losing their butts on each one.
3. This is a management decision and for financial reasons only.
4. Major changes coming for Corvette production.

Personaly i do think this is sad and im pretty sure its the Sign of the Bad economic Times..But **** with the Very limited Production Those Things will Fetch a Huge Dollar in 20 years.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Dave, as much as I'm saddened to hear of the potential demise of one of the greatest cars in the world, I have to say that regardless of one's financial position in life, a car is not an investment. There will be some collectors buying the existing ZR1's at inflated prices........ahh crap....after reading what I just wrote, I think this particular car would certainly fetch a nice return.:roxor:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im not sure how many cars have been produced thus far and with a maek up of almost 100k on some i dont really see those being a good investment....but anyone that got a really good deal maybe so. i think production is super low under 500 maybe less

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
My sources tell me there is zero truth or FACT to this :D

Then there is this:
http://jalopnik.com/5060371/rumor-busted-corvette-zr1-production-not-canceled

UPDATE: Rumor busted! Chevy PR tells us ZR1 production has NOT been canceled. DigitalCorvettes was, as we'd claimed most likely the case, wrong on this story.

DigitalCorvettes is reporting a rumor that production on the Corvette ZR1, Chevy's new super car we just drove a month or so ago, has been halted at the Bowling Green Corvette plant. We knew the Corvette plant was on shutdown this week, but we fully expected the plant to resume production next week. Digital Corvettes is now reporting that's now not the case. We've got no evidence to substantiate this rumor other than what the Corvette-lovers over at DigitalCorvettes are reporting. To be fair, we can't believe this is true, and we've put in a call to Chevy PR to confirm or deny the rumor. We expect to hear back from them by the morning at the latest. Full rumor report below the jump:

FACTS

1. ZR1 production has been halted at Bowling Green despite orders to fill.
2. There is nothing wrong with the ZR1 itself. No production line issues that warrant it being stopped.
3. There is no official word from GM yet. Key word, 'official'. But, there is 'word' and we are hearing it.

INFO COMING IN

1. The ZR1 model itself may be on the chopping block, or has already been cancelled.
2. GM is losing their butts on each one.
3. This is a management decision and for financial reasons only.
4. Major changes coming for Corvette production.

[via DigitalCorvettes.com]

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I feel like an ass now im a avid Digital corvettes forum member and really trust info from there But it looks like patrick....Mr. DC dropped the ball on this one.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I met him briefly at the EVS show in 2007. DC has been pretty accurate with info, with the help of EVS.

As with many things, including info on the Camaro - there is much room for error.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts