Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1's supercharged V-8 officially produces 638-horsepower, General Motors Corp. executives announced today. GM completed SAE certification of the ZR1's 6.2-liter LS9 engine and released the results at midnight.

More...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Corvette ZR1 rated at 638 hp: Watch video of the ZR1 hitting 205 mph on GM's test tra

The official dyno numbers are in: The supercharged 6.2-liter V8 in the forthcoming Chevy Corvette ZR1 cranks out 638 horsepower.

More...

·
Registered
620 Posts
:drool::drool: **** that was fast, i am guessing they were on the autoban testing it. they passed what looked like normal cars and a truck......we need a road like that here.

·
Registered
382 Posts
:drool::drool: **** that was fast, i am guessing they were on the autoban testing it. they passed what looked like normal cars and a truck......we need a road like that here.
Nah that's a test track. Looks like the same one the first official camaro pictures came from.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't think the autobahn has banked corners though. It would be awesome if they did but at the same time I don't know why a Semi would be on a GM test track.

·
Registered
620 Posts
thats why i asked, i dont see why there would be a semi on the test track either, and there was a sedan it passed before the semi... hmmmm either way its a killer video lol.lucky ba$tards that got to drive it. lol

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
That is hauling @ss on the video.

There has to be some very proud designers and engineers at GM.

Thanks to Chevrolet for making such a wonderful car.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
205 MPH with 2 people and all of that equipment. Dayum. I think I just made a mess.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
The ZR1 is impressive for a 6.2L but what if it was the 7.0L ..... this car would int just compete with GT-R it would eat it for lunch

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you watch closely, the read-out, which I am sure is VERY accurate for these tests, shows 207!!!!

That is Carrera GT territory...and a pulley change away from an Enzo!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts