Modern Camaro Forums banner

Corvette ZR1 to run laps at Laguna Seca this weekend??

4K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  OctaneZ28 
#1 · (Edited)
Spotted in a trailer at the Monterey, California track...

Is that what we think it is? :D

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6219268/car-news/corvette-zr1-to-lap-laguna-seca-this-weekend/index.html

Quote:
"The blogosphere is blowing up this morning with word that GM has a prototype of its upcoming 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 in Monterey, California for the last race of the Amercian Le Mans Series season at Laguna Seca Raceway. Even juicier is the rumor that the ZR1 will be doing demonstration laps at some point over the weekend. If that's the case, it should be quite a show, as the ZR1 is slated to produce some 650 horsepower."

See less See more
#14 ·
If the video wasnt edited (time wise) and adding 7 seconds to the total (because it lap time recorded from a standstill like it did); I estimate 1 minute and 44 second lap time. That's bad ass.

I hope someone can get some real numbers (from records).

#17 ·
I hope the black top stays. I think it looks good like that. Im too crazy about the garden divider strip rear spoiler, though.

#18 ·
The black top is a really nice way to distinguish it as the top dog, and I think it would look great with a variety of colors - blue, red, white, yellow, etc. Can't say much about the spoiler as I don't see it very well.

Also, I'm not liking the hood decoration. I've always liked Vipers with racing stripes and Corvettes with no such fancy stuff, and this one would look mean as all hell with a clean hood and that black top.

Overall, **** fine work on this one, GM. :patriot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.