Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious what you all think the price ranges will be for the different models. We already know that there will be two six cylinder models and one 48 (LS3?) but have no idea about price. Any guesses out there on the models and prices that may be yet to come? Here are my guesses:
6 cylinder-stock-no frills-close to 300HP around 30K; possible options could be limited color choices and interior features, i.e., cloth vs. leather, etc.
6 cylinder-turbo-close to 375HP around 35K to start with options like exhaust, power everything and special color choices.
8 cylinder V8 LS3 with at least 400HP and more available on request. Lots of features for add ons but starting at around 40K and up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was curious what you all think the price ranges will be for the different models. We already know that there will be two six cylinder models and one 48 (LS3?) but have no idea about price. Any guesses out there on the models and prices that may be yet to come? Here are my guesses:
6 cylinder-stock-no frills-close to 300HP around 30K; possible options could be limited color choices and interior features, i.e., cloth vs. leather, etc.
6 cylinder-turbo-close to 375HP around 35K to start with options like exhaust, power everything and special color choices.
8 cylinder V8 LS3 with at least 400HP and more available on request. Lots of features for add ons but starting at around 40K and up.
No way... it's not gonna be that expensive, but there is already a thread like this one.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Thankfully, you're wrong. It's already been hinted that there will be more than 1 V8 and that the prices will stay relatively close to mustang prices. There might be a special edition bad boy Camaro that can reach the 40K but the rest I think will stay under.

You drive an SSR, you should know what would happen if GM even thinks of setting up the prices how you suggested.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
^I agree. So how about these as starting prices.......

-20k-Base V6
-23k-300hp V6 (RS appearance standard*)
-26k-Base V8 (L76)
-29k-SS (L76)
-32k-SS (upgrade to LS3)
-33k-Z28 (LS3)

*1k- RS appearance package

-42k- ZL1 (LS9, limted producton model)

--Just a wild guess.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Jinxy I like the way you think. Thats my dream line up.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Lol. Thats the general thought I had when it was said the 5th gen would be priced near the mustang. But I still expect 35k for a LS3 SS optioned my way.

·
Registered
332 Posts
^I agree. So how about these as starting prices.......

-20k-Base V6
-23k-300hp V6 (RS appearance standard*)
-26k-Base V8 (L76)
-29k-SS (L76)
-32k-SS (upgrade to LS3)
-33k-Z28 (LS3)

*1k- RS appearance package

-42k- ZL1 (LS9, limted producton model)

--Just a wild guess.
Quick ?
Where do u guys get the Z28 being the top dog? It wasn't like that with the LS1 or the LT1. The SS was the most expensive along side the WS6 TA. I take that back I think it would actully be the FireHawk. I agree with your prices lord knows I hope so. I just think the SS will be on top unless they make ZL1 or somethin.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Quick ?
Where do u guys get the Z28 being the top dog? It wasn't like that with the LS1 or the LT1. The SS was the most expensive along side the WS6 TA. I take that back I think it would actully be the FireHawk. I agree with your prices lord knows I hope so. I just think the SS will be on top unless they make ZL1 or somethin.
I think from the history of the Camaro. Anyways, I would love for the Z28 to be top dog, I feel the GM has some what watered down the SS badge. Like SS just doesn't bring a shiver down your spine when you see one. I'm mainly talking about the new 2005+ models.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think from the history of the Camaro. Anyways, I would love for the Z28 to be top dog, I feel the GM has some what watered down the SS badge. Like SS just doesn't bring a shiver down your spine when you see one. I'm mainly talking about the new 2005+ models.
Ill give u that. SS this SS that there is almost a SS in every model. I was just wondering why every one kept sayin that. Thought I missed somethin. I like the idea that one guy had with SS being the straight line model and the Z28 for handling. I think that would be cool. What ever the top model is I hope it dosnt go over 35K unless its a special edition.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hope you guys are right! but the first year--wont they be going for way over msrp?

But I'm soooo excited!! My hubbys friend lives in toronto and his brother who stayed with us a couple years ago works at the oshawa plant!! Andy(hubby) got a tour of it a few years ago....he's going to be calling him this weekend for me!! hopefully he can let us know whats going on....I will definitely let you guys know! hell, we'll fly there if we have to and drive back lol I (hopefully) wish!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I hope you guys are right! but the first year--wont they be going for way over msrp?

But I'm soooo excited!! My hubbys friend lives in toronto and his brother who stayed with us a couple years ago works at the oshawa plant!! Andy(hubby) got a tour of it a few years ago....he's going to be calling him this weekend for me!! hopefully he can let us know whats going on....I will definitely let you guys know! hell, we'll fly there if we have to and drive back lol I (hopefully) wish!
Nothing is set in stone yet. Really cant say if the car is going to sell over msrp or not. I know one thing. I want one, really really really really bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know! I'm with you!! Is it just me, or are you guys going crazy thinking about this car!! EVERYDAY!! .....24/7 ...my head hurts!! :lol:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I know! I'm with you!! Is it just me, or are you guys going crazy thinking about this car!! EVERYDAY!! .....24/7 ...my head hurts!! :lol:
I know I am.
I think about it over breakfast. I think about it on the way to work. I think about at work. I think about leaving work. I think about it at the gym. I think u get it. I can picture my self drivin it.
Car just makes me happy.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Here's my stance on the top dog issue:

As a wise man once said:

Any Chevy can be an SS, but only a Camaro can be a Z28.

:D

That same wise man also says Camaro will be priced within a few hundred dollars of the equivalent Mustang. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
wow... I've found a place I belong! lol honestly though ya I feel exactly like you guys, can't get the thing outta my head, it's like a disease. Though I'm not sure I wanna cure it lol. But onto topic again ya I hope it doesnt go over MSRP, I REALLY hope it doesn't but ya it is supposed to be comparable to the mustang of similar specs. As others have said though I hope that GM sets it a bit lower to give buyers the little nudge they need to go with the camaro, and better for us cuz we get it cheaper. But ya nothing is for certain, we'll just have to wait. O and yes Octane I totally agree with you! I'm looking for that Z28 version. :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

take me with you

Here's my stance on the top dog issue:

As a wise man once said:

Any Chevy can be an SS, but only a Camaro can be a Z28.

:D

That same wise man also says Camaro will be priced within a few hundred dollars of the equivalent Mustang. :)
I fbod what you did there.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Well I was thinking of the z28 model has a Z-model as in z51 (vette). I like to see it as a handling model. I like to see SS as available in at least two engine options, with more straight line focus. I think a LS3 powered SS and z28 should be price near each other, with comparable power but different setups. one drag and one road course. If you like a camaro with a handling package (like a z51) then I guess it "top dog" to the owner then, but if a SS with a LS3 is in the hands of a drag sportsman then it would be a "top dog" to them. I like to see purpose built model, that target different people, instead of the "here is our top model that more expensive, but we have one not too different but less expense" approach. But im just guessing and wildly speculating. I like to hear the arguements (if GM did as I guessed) about who has the superior car. The z28 guys prolly win by finally saying they have the LS3 standard, but in the end proves how the owners view performance instead of the car. But I like to see a ZL1 that is like the Z06 of camaro, limited and performance only second to the Z06 of the same year.

If they have something else to besides L76 and LS3, GM will blow my socks off in surprise (like a new LS series engine, smaller V8 than 6.0L, or seeing the LS9/8 in the first year production model).

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I had hoped for a straitline SS but after reading this I don't think that will be:

“Beginning with HHR SS, all future SS models will have superior power, braking and handling capabilities for maximum credibility with our customers and enthusiasts alike,” said John Heinricy, GM Performance Division executive. “The SS badge represents high performance, and the HHR SS delivers with a fully-integrated, balanced driving experience.”

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2442&highlight=hhr&page=2

·
Registered
12 Posts
The best model I can get for under $38K, hopefully with an LS3 and I honestly don't care if it is called SS or Z28. I've said it once and I will say it again though, anything over $40K and I think you might as well get a Vette.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts