Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eyeing the Corvette ZR1 with the see-thru hood. Could this be the new look for the high performance Vette and Camaro. It would only make sense to add that feature to all the S/C line up. It would add some swagger to the Camaro S/C.....well what are your thoughts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Personally, I don't care for the look. I wouldn't be pleased to see it on the Camaro, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think it's a "cheap" copy of the shaker hoods. As soon as I saw it, my first thought was "It looks like a rip-off of the shaker hood."

It's not really bad looking, just not real original.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the distinct look, I think it would give the Camaro a edge on its competition in a drastic way. I would mod the center of the clear glass cutout with some type of Arc Reactor (LED Lights):lol: when the S/C kicked in and the engine would glow.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I would mod the center of the clear glass cutout with some type of Arc Reactor (LED Lights):lol: when the S/C kicked in and the engine would glow.
That just threw some rice in the bowl, IMO. I don't think I'd care for any see-through panels except the normal windows.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That just threw some rice in the bowl, IMO. I don't think I'd care for any see-through panels except the normal windows.
Even normal windows should be an option. Some people just shouldn't be seen driving a Camaro, it tarnishes the coolness! ;)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I was fond of, and will always be fond of the shaker hood from the 70's Trans Am

I agree^^^

Not crazy about the see-through hood...It is certainly unique, but I think they could have come up with a better hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Please dont Hijack the thread...

Some of use like to think outside the box and not allow the mental decay eat away at our thought process hindering us from being different and associating all car mods we dont agree with "RICE"...go figure

This discussion is about the see thru hood -right?......

AMG

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
That's not hijacking, that's commenting about the subject matter. He said the hood looks like a ricer mod.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts