Modern Camaro Forums banner

Could this be the replacement for the Cobalt? Chevy Cruze.

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Z28 Autobot 
#1 ·
http://media.gm.com/servlet/Gateway...ws/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=2&docid=46868

Chevrolet Cruze

A new name and a new design for an all-new car

Detroit - Chevrolet announced today that its all-new entry in the compact segment will be called Cruze. The new Chevrolet will make its global debut at the Paris Motor Show in early October.

Cruze was developed by a global design and engineering team and will be built in multiple locations around the world. The Cruze approaches an overall length of 4.6 meters and offers ample interior space and cargo capacity for five passengers, giving it an advantage over competition in the compact segment.

The Cruze features Chevrolet's new global design language that will continue to be a signature element for future vehicles carrying the gold bowtie. Combined with high safety standards and excellent build quality, Chevrolet will again deliver on its promise of offering a very attractive package at an exceptional value.

The new Chevrolet Cruze will be available in European markets in Spring 2009, followed by other global regions

See less See more
#2 ·
What!? No pictures???:confused:

#3 ·
I believe it is the car in the spy pics we have seen recently, but I don't know for sure.

It pretty much looks like a Cobalt size car with the new Chevy global treatment to the front end. Much like the Malibu front.

#7 ·
yeah, cobalt was/is a fn joke... i had a 95 cavalier, that was WAAAAAYYYYY nicer then the 06 cobalt i rented. thought it was supposed to be a "upgraded cav"... it was a huge step down. it was very... economy... the dash was like one peice of flat plastic, the seats were weak and uncomfortable...

i would really like to be driving that cav again. it was very comfy, great on gas, and rode smooth as a breeze. and for a 2.2 i was very impressed by its pep

#8 ·
The current cobalts are pretty good cars for the class they are in and for the price...could they be better and nicer? Yes....im sure GM is working to make it better since the current ones did well in sales. Also the Cobalt SS TC is a GREAT car and I hope it stays around in whatever comes next.

#9 ·
Great overall car. I saw it in Michigan about 2 weeks ago parked at a Raley's back Parking lot (don't ask me what I was doing there). I had no Camera, but the interior looks very high quality. The door trim was red, but the seat pattern was something that should have been left on paper. It looks terrible.

The taillights are ok, but I like the current cobalt coupe's lights better. The wheels don't appear to be final either. My main beef with this car is the plastic c pillar-window thingie. The car would have looked excellent without it.

#12 ·
I liked the Cobalt name too. As far as this replacement, if GM works it over like they did with the new Malibu, they will have a real winner!

#15 ·
Whats bothering me is one thing..

the same front end on all the cars. the Malibu had it now its going on every car and SUV/ crossover Chevy has. The Aveo has it this will the Traverse..what esle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.